Coffee machine

Anyone have, had or used one of the below? How was it?

Jura A1

Delonghi Magnifica Pronto

Saeco Minuto

Delonghi intensa automatic

Melitta 1400W E950

Any other suggestions for under R10k. Am not opposed to 2nd hand either.

Has anyone ever dealt with Aquaspreso?

I have a Delonghi, but if I were in your position now, I might opt for the Jura instead. Why?

A friend, sells Jura (and roasts beans in small/medium sized batches) and when he found out my Delonghi went in for a service, he asked if I got a loan unit. He laughed when I said “No”.

He’s around the corner from you, in Jet Park. Let me know if you want his details.

Edit: roasts

Edited by Frosty

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Delonghi, but if I were in your position now, I might opt for the Jura instead. Why?

A friend, sells Jura (and roasts beans in small/medium sized batches) and when he found out my Delonghi went in for a service, he asked if I got a loan unit. He laughed when I said “No”.

He’s around the corner from you, in Jet Park. Let me know if you want his details.

Edit: roasts

you have a Whatsapp.

I have had many coffee machines in the past until I got this Jura Impressa S9 family hand me down.

The Jura is built like a tank just soldiers on.437478e3d6a75d6c33707c8c232a771b.jpg

Not bad for a hand me down.

https://youtu.be/uWZRqlLbc7U

I was on the taste panel at a previous company, except tasting raw materials and finished products rather than coffee. Can’t say I enjoyed it.

Quite an interesting video, this is, with a few big points that many people tend to ignore...

1. what I like might not be the same as your taste, doesn’t make my, or your, coffee bad.

2. Can’t make good coffee with bad beans

3. Water does affect the taste, no matter how good the equipment.

And the last one... as long as the coffee is good, the brew method isn’t the be all and end all.

I was on the taste panel at a previous company, except tasting raw materials and finished products rather than coffee. Can’t say I enjoyed it.

Quite an interesting video, this is, with a few big points that many people tend to ignore...

1. what I like might not be the same as your taste, doesn’t make my, or your, coffee bad.

2. Can’t make good coffee with bad beans

3. Water does affect the taste, no matter how good the equipment.

And the last one... as long as the coffee is good, the brew method isn’t the be all and end all.

Maxwell being interviewed is a great guy and a good friend. He is an ex competitive mountain biker too. He was in South Africa last year for the Durban Creative Coffee week, (on again the end of next month, well worth a visit) He co-wrote the seminal book  "Water for Coffee"

For interest sake and fear of the post getting lost in the classifieds. I’d like to see if anyone would be interested in a

Rancillio Silva

Rancillio Rocky Doser grinder

Rancillio Wood & Stainless tamper

Rancillio stand / drawer system

Tamping Mat and box

Paid R19k for the combo. Looking for R10k

Everything in excellent condition.

For interest sake and fear of the post getting lost in the classifieds. I’d like to see if anyone would be interested in a

Rancillio Silva

Tamping Mat and box

I'd be interested in the stand and drawer system. Please drop me a PM with price and a pic or two if you do want to sell on it's own - the stand is the only thing missing from my set-up.

I'd be interested in the stand and drawer system. Please drop me a PM with price and a pic or two if you do want to sell on it's own - the stand is the only thing missing from my set-up.

As much as I’d like to help out I’d rather not split it up for now.

Will keep you updated.

As much as I’d like to help out I’d rather not split it up for now.

Will keep you updated.

No worries, please do give me a shout if that changes. GLWS!

Rancillio Silva

Tamping Mat and box

This is quite a deal!

Would love just the machine. Maybe we can get enough in the split to make it work for you!

If you buy a new Jura, it's expensive. 2nd hand has good bargains and most are in very good condition. R5k to R7k you can get a F7, F50 or a C7. I had a F50 and upgraded to the C7. I really like the coffee that it makes.

My friend's unit did come with the 1 year guarantee. They did come out a couple times to service it but the problem persists. His is a F50 if I recall correctly.

So it looks to me like the F50 was replaced by the F7.

I think I have narrowed it down to the F7 or F8. The F8 would obviously be first choice if I can get one in my budget but the F7 still looks decent.

I can't find info on your C7. How is it compared to the F range?

Edited by Long Wheel Base

So it looks to me like the F50 was replaced by the F7.

I think I have narrowed it down to the F7 or F8. The F8 would obviously be first choice if I can get one in my budget but the F7 still looks decent.

I can't find info on your C7. How is it compared to the F range?

Ok, turns out I typed the wrong number. It's a C9 that I have. The C9 is finished in a shiny piano Black instead of the silver and I find the user interface to be a bit more user friendly. I think the C series was the upgrade to the F series.

I found my F7 for R5k and my C9 for not much more. Not sure what your budget is.

You can't go wrong with any of the Impression range as far as I am concerned.

Oh, also invest in the big tub of cleaning tablets. Don't buy the pack of only 10. It works out a lot cheaper if you are like me and drink copious amounts of coffee.

Ok, turns out I typed the wrong number. It's a C9 that I have. The C9 is finished in a shiny piano Black instead of the silver and I find the user interface to be a bit more user friendly. I think the C series was the upgrade to the F series.

I found my F7 for R5k and my C9 for not much more. Not sure what your budget is.

You can't go wrong with any of the Impression range as far as I am concerned.

Oh, also invest in the big tub of cleaning tablets. Don't buy the pack of only 10. It works out a lot cheaper if you are like me and drink copious amounts of coffee.

Budget is 10k.

I am going after work to look at 3 machines at a coffee roaster that Frosty put me onto.

A new E6 for R12900(over budget but just keen to see it)

Used ENA6 for R7500(not sure how old but been refurbished)

Used F50 for R5000(has 3000 cups through it).

Budget is 10k.

I am going after work to look at 3 machines at a coffee roaster that Frosty put me onto.

A new E6 for R12900(over budget but just keen to see it)

Used ENA6 for R7500(not sure how old but been refurbished)

Used F50 for R5000(has 3000 cups through it).

You can't go wrong with any of those.  The rest is up to aesthetics and the kitchen counter space your wife is willing to compromise on!