Coffee machine

Budget is 10k.

I am going after work to look at 3 machines at a coffee roaster that Frosty put me onto.

A new E6 for R12900(over budget but just keen to see it)

Used ENA6 for R7500(not sure how old but been refurbished)

Used F50 for R5000(has 3000 cups through it).

3000 cups is the equivalent of 3 cups per day for 1000 days which is just under 3 years if used every day. I bought my machine in 2013, and based on about 250g worth of beans per week (let’s round it down to 750g per month), I get to about 3600 cups in the time. Assuming 14g per shot.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Saeco bean to cup machine at the office when last sent in for a service probably 2 years back had a already racked up North of 22 000 cups! It's still going strong!

You can't go wrong with any of those.  The rest is up to aesthetics and the kitchen counter space your wife is willing to compromise on!

Looks like I will pull the trigger on the E6. Takealot have them for R13685 and I get a 25% discount so that puts it pretty much on budget. I will wait a few weeks and see if they have one of their coffee sales and hope it's on special.

Looks like I will pull the trigger on the E6. Takealot have them for R13685 and I get a 25% discount so that puts it pretty much on budget. I will wait a few weeks and see if they have one of their coffee sales and hope it's on special.

Why wait....

I don't think that 3000 cups is a lot for one of these machines at all - given they are in good cosmetic condition etc - should last for years still - that F50 is a tank.

Why wait....

I don't think that 3000 cups is a lot for one of these machines at all - given they are in good cosmetic condition etc - should last for years still - that F50 is a tank.

So you reckon the F50 for R5k(excl vat) would be a better choice than the new E6 for R10k?

Here is the F50 on the left. 

post-58906-0-26868800-1557992165_thumb.png

Edited by Long Wheel Base

So you reckon the F50 for R5k(excl vat) would be a better choice than the new E6 for R10k?

Here is the F50 on the left.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Both will make great coffee. Will the E6 makes coffee that's twice as good as the F50? Highly doubtful.

Both will make great coffee. Will the E6 makes coffee that's twice as good as the F50? Highly doubtful.

Good point and tbh I probably won't notice the difference anyway. BUT the E6 has a few new advances in technology that jura rave about. Is it just sales hype? probably. Will they make a difference to my experience? Probably not. Maybe the F50 is the way to go. The other one in that pic is a ENA9 for R7500(excl). About the same age.

Why wait....

Ok you guys have twisted my arm. Have just sent them a mail saying I will take the F50. 

Ok you guys have twisted my arm. Have just sent them a mail saying I will take the F50.

Congrats! You won't regret it.

The best thing, when you ever upgrade, you will get your money back.

Now what beans?!?

Congrats! You won't regret it.

The best thing, when you ever upgrade, you will get your money back.

Now what beans?!?

Thanks.

They giving it a service for me. I will pick it up on Tuesday.

Beans, They(the company I am buying it from) do roast their own but what do you suggest?

Thanks.

Beans, They(the company I am buying it from) do roast their own but what do you suggest?

Terbodore or illy

Thanks.

As for suggestions, I'd start by seeing which of the roasteries/roasters is close by in the area convenient enough to pick up once maybe twice a week.

Then try different of them, price may play a part as said buying once maybe twice a week can get pricey, still nothing compared to than buying a coffee in a shop.

The idea is to get a fresh as possible roast, so maybe 3-4 days after roast at most 3-4 weeks.

I'm not sure where you are, but in the Cape we seemed spoilt for choice, my number 1 is still deluxe

Edited by Meezo