Coffee machine

Hey all,

I'm looking for an automatic milk frother to replace the office's bean to cup built in one that died. Any suggestions?

So far I'm looking (mainly from takealot) at:

Delonghi - Alicia Latte Melitta - Cremio II Jura Automatic

All roughly R1k

Not sure if this is acceptable by coffee purist standards but I just want a decent cappuccino at work with minimal effort.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I'm looking for an automatic milk frother to replace the office's bean to cup built in one that died. Any suggestions?

So far I'm looking (mainly from takealot) at:

Delonghi - Alicia Latte Melitta - Cremio II Jura Automatic

All roughly R1k

Not sure if this is acceptable by coffee purist standards but I just want a decent cappuccino at work with minimal effort.

I have the Jura Milk Frother.  It does what it says, hot, cold.  I actually don't use it at all.  Make me an offer if you're keen.  

Sorry for asking this and not looking through the 344 pages :)

Any suggestions re best price / quality beans for a Bean to Cup machine?

I've been buying what's available at Checkers due to convenience (Foreign Ground Single Origin and others) but I'm sure I can do better as quality is meh... :)

Anything online but need to keep freshness in mind... as they may want to get rid of old stock...

My wife brought beans back from her Ethiopia SA Cycling trip but our bean to cup machine struggled grinding them so need to keep that in mind too!

I have the Jura Milk Frother. It does what it says, hot, cold. I actually don't use it at all. Make me an offer if you're keen.

Hi m-squared, I'm also looking at getting a milk frother. If he doesnt take it from you I would gladly.

Want to start making my own good quality coffee at home. Im on the low budget road though. No machine for me unfortunately. Hope to get my burr grinder tomorrow which I got secondhand and then I can start learning and experimenting. Im super excited!!

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Stevovo

I've been buying what's available at Checkers due to convenience (Foreign Ground Single Origin and others) but I'm sure I can do better as quality is meh... :)

Anything online but need to keep freshness in mind... as they may want to get rid of old stock...

My wife brought beans back from her Ethiopia SA Cycling trip but our bean to cup machine struggled grinding them so need to keep that in mind too!

Not sure what province you're in so that makes it difficult. Find a roastery that sells fresh beans, the roasting date should be on the bag. Only buy what you'll use in a week. Coffee past 3-4 weeks post roast is no longer fresh. (This is also debatable, but in generally use up my beans at most two weeks after they have been roasted.)

Maybe try State 5 in Greenside?

For interest sake and fear of the post getting lost in the classifieds. I’d like to see if anyone would be interested in a

Rancillio Silva

Rancillio Rocky Doser grinder

Rancillio Wood & Stainless tamper

Rancillio stand / drawer system

Tamping Mat and box

Paid R19k for the combo. Looking for R10k

Everything in excellent condition.

This deal is burning a hole in my head  :blink:

I cant afford it, so I am making myself feel better that its all the way in Gauteng...

I also hope that its sold, so that its officially out of reach

Edited by splat

Maybe try State 5 in Greenside?

They also have a branch in Fourways, really good coffee.

I also like Urban Grind in parkhurst. Bean there is also good if you can get it fresh from their roastery at 44 Stanley.

As stated by others, get it as freshly roasted as possible.

Sorry, I missed this post, have you sold it already?

For interest sake and fear of the post getting lost in the classifieds. I’d like to see if anyone would be interested in a

Rancillio Silva
Rancillio Rocky Doser grinder
Rancillio Wood & Stainless tamper
Rancillio stand / drawer system
Tamping Mat and box

Paid R19k for the combo. Looking for R10k

Everything in excellent condition.

Hi guys!

My Saeco Incanto came with a tiny grease tube that's pretty much finished now. I can't afford original Saeco stuff which is usually quite expensive. What can I use instead?

Congrats! You won't regret it.

The best thing, when you ever upgrade, you will get your money back.

Now what beans?!?

We have a new one. Details below. Anyone keen on a discount code?

The Weapon of Mass Destruction (WMD) blend

Roasted under The Manhattan Project a new brand powered by TRUTH COFFEE ROASTING.

This blend has been specifically engineered to present the Joy of the Extraordinary through fully automatic, bean-to-cup coffee machines, delivering a delicious and potent cup conveniently and cost-effectively. We like to call it bang for your buck. Quality and flavour are hallmarks of all our coffees; the challenge is to channel both through specialized, fully automatic espresso machines, which are hampered by their on-board grinding and extraction processes.

The solution: We have sourced softer green beans, developed a unique blend (40% India Arabica Monsoon Malabar; 15% India Robusta; 45% El Salvador Arabica Red Honey Process) and activated a special process that makes the roast denser and more brittle after roasting. The various processes and coffee varieties at play here are important contributors. Under the Monsoon Malabar process, harvested seeds are exposed to monsoon rain and winds, causing the beans to swell and lose acidity. An Exceptional India Robusta (yes really) brings great body along with low acidity and grinds easily, being a softer bean. Red Honey beans, likewise, have a softer exterior surface and shine a beautiful sweetness through after processing

Hi guys!

My Saeco Incanto came with a tiny grease tube that's pretty much finished now. I can't afford original Saeco stuff which is usually quite expensive. What can I use instead?

We often use food safe greases. Not cheap and I'm not sure if they are available in small quantities

We have a new one. Details below. Anyone keen on a discount code?

The Weapon of Mass Destruction (WMD) blend

Roasted under The Manhattan Project a new brand powered by TRUTH COFFEE ROASTING.

This blend has been specifically engineered to present the Joy of the Extraordinary through fully automatic, bean-to-cup coffee machines, delivering a delicious and potent cup conveniently and cost-effectively. We like to call it bang for your buck. Quality and flavour are hallmarks of all our coffees; the challenge is to channel both through specialized, fully automatic espresso machines, which are hampered by their on-board grinding and extraction processes.

The solution: We have sourced softer green beans, developed a unique blend (40% India Arabica Monsoon Malabar; 15% India Robusta; 45% El Salvador Arabica Red Honey Process) and activated a special process that makes the roast denser and more brittle after roasting. The various processes and coffee varieties at play here are important contributors. Under the Monsoon Malabar process, harvested seeds are exposed to monsoon rain and winds, causing the beans to swell and lose acidity. An Exceptional India Robusta (yes really) brings great body along with low acidity and grinds easily, being a softer bean. Red Honey beans, likewise, have a softer exterior surface and shine a beautiful sweetness through after processing

Are your beans available up in Joburg?

EDIT: Saw the link in your bio and am on your site now.

Edited by Long Wheel Base