Coffee machine

That's one seriously good looking piece of kit. Been stalking them on Instagram for a long time now.

We want pictures....

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is that a good deal ?

Not as good as Takealot makes it out to be but R1.650 is the best 'normal' price I have seen - so R300 discount and free delivery not bad.

Thanks Flemish. As for the grinder itself, is it a good enough / decent piece of equipment that is recommendable for the price range or is there something better suited in that price bracket? 

Thanks Flemish. As for the grinder itself, is it a good enough / decent piece of equipment that is recommendable for the price range or is there something better suited in that price bracket? 

From what I remember the 'experts' here have recommended this one.

Before I got my Bean to Cup machine I was using a cheap R250 Mellware grinder but I wouldn't know what taste damage I did to my beans vs the Severin :)

From what I remember the 'experts' here have recommended this one.

Before I got my Bean to Cup machine I was using a cheap R250 Mellware grinder but I wouldn't know what taste damage I did to my beans vs the Severin :)

Plenty - grinder is everything - better to compromise the espresso machine than the grinder - EVERY time.

That said - wives don't like 90lb grinders in the kitchen.... :clap: :clap:

I have the Severin. Fine for Moka, Aeropress etc but if you read up on it, it is not up to the task for higher end "proper" espresso machines. Doesn't grind fine enough apparently.

I have the Severin. Fine for Moka, Aeropress etc but if you read up on it, it is not up to the task for higher end "proper" espresso machines. Doesn't grind fine enough apparently.

I have had no issues with my Severin. Excellent burr grinder for the price. I usually make French Press, Aeropress or pour over Coffee. It works well with my cheapy espresso machine, but I also think you will need something that can grind a bit finer if espresso is your thing.

Take it apart and reset the zero stop a bit finer....

Take it apart and reset the zero stop a bit finer....

That is the long term plan. Just waiting for the warranty to expire. That and the fact that I don't require that level of grind at the moment. Would be a fun project though.

I have a Severin that that I do not use any more that I would be willing to sell. 

I have a Severin that that I do not use any more that I would be willing to sell. 

I'd be keen... 

I'd be keen... 

Give me a call or send me a message  and we can arrange something .

• 2 weeks later...

So we heading down to durbs 27th,28th,29th June... 

Anyone down there wanting some coffee let me know and we can bring some down!

I can vouch for their coffee. Lekker stuff. Drinking the Holly Roller as we speak.