Coffee machine

Thank You. What can you suggest for a novice like myself?

For what method of making? What drinks do you enjoy?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a new one. Details below. Anyone keen on a discount code?

The Weapon of Mass Destruction (WMD) blend

Roasted under The Manhattan Project a new brand powered by TRUTH COFFEE ROASTING.

This blend has been specifically engineered to present the Joy of the Extraordinary through fully automatic, bean-to-cup coffee machines, delivering a delicious and potent cup conveniently and cost-effectively. We like to call it bang for your buck. Quality and flavour are hallmarks of all our coffees; the challenge is to channel both through specialized, fully automatic espresso machines, which are hampered by their on-board grinding and extraction processes.

The solution: We have sourced softer green beans, developed a unique blend (40% India Arabica Monsoon Malabar; 15% India Robusta; 45% El Salvador Arabica Red Honey Process) and activated a special process that makes the roast denser and more brittle after roasting. The various processes and coffee varieties at play here are important contributors. Under the Monsoon Malabar process, harvested seeds are exposed to monsoon rain and winds, causing the beans to swell and lose acidity. An Exceptional India Robusta (yes really) brings great body along with low acidity and grinds easily, being a softer bean. Red Honey beans, likewise, have a softer exterior surface and shine a beautiful sweetness through after processing

Sounds great for a B2C machine.

Will the beans still be fresh when they get to JHB?

Sorry for asking this and not looking through the 344 pages :)

Any suggestions re best price / quality beans for a Bean to Cup machine?

I've been buying what's available at Checkers due to convenience (Foreign Ground Single Origin and others) but I'm sure I can do better as quality is meh... :)

Anything online but need to keep freshness in mind... as they may want to get rid of old stock...

My wife brought beans back from her Ethiopia SA Cycling trip but our bean to cup machine struggled grinding them so need to keep that in mind too!

It helps to know where you are located....

I have had my Jura a few weeks now and previously I bought preground stuff from PnP and never knew any different. I have been using fresh beans since I got it and this morning I decided to use some of the ground stuff I still had from before I got the Jura. My word it doesn't taste so good. I chucked it after one mouthful and made another cup with the fresh beans. I was so surprised at the difference and previously I was fine with it but now I don't see myself using "retail" ground stuff again.

I have had my Jura a few weeks now and previously I bought preground stuff from PnP and never knew any different. I have been using fresh beans since I got it and this morning I decided to use some of the ground stuff I still had from before I got the Jura. My word it doesn't taste so good. I chucked it after one mouthful and made another cup with the fresh beans. I was so surprised at the difference and previously I was fine with it but now I don't see myself using "retail" ground stuff again.

Now go throw the bag of pre-ground out.... the only way to use that stuff in an emergency is in a Bialetti pot - strictly for emergencies.

Now I need to get back to ordering my new espresso machine....

Now go throw the bag of pre-ground out.... the only way to use that stuff in an emergency is in a Bialetti pot - strictly for emergencies.

Now I need to get back to ordering my new espresso machine....

Yeah I chucked it in the compost pit in the corner of my garden. Am sure the worms will enjoy it.

Post pictures when you have the new machine.

He lives in Northcliff area. Berario IICR.

Thanks.

Is about R300 for 1 kg beans the going / fair rate for quality beans?

I'm currently contracting at Hollard and have about 3-4 Bean There coffees from the flask :)

I believe the correct terminology for that is dirty dish water.