Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement 10 cup glass jug for a Russell Hobbs filter coffee machine. My search so far has been fruitless.

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement 10 cup glass jug for a Russell Hobbs filter coffee machine. My search so far has been fruitless.

Do you have a pic?

It’s clean. Feels like the rubber seal is too thick.

It’s about time to change it so I’ll order replacement parts for it at the end of the month and see if that fixes it.

How did this work out?

If you guys are looking for Nespresso compatible Lavazza pods let me know. I can do them for R4 a pod. Great Italian coffee

If you guys are looking for Nespresso compatible Lavazza pods let me know. I can do them for R4 a pod. Great Italian coffee

I have a lead on an Oscar and Grinder (matched set) black!

My mate is emigrating and wants to sell!

Let me know if you keen...

Keen to hear pricing... I have Oscar so it won't be for me, but know someone close enough who might be keen

Pm me please.

Good morning, 

I would like your opinion on the Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine if you're keen to share? The machines come at a fair price and although the pods are a bit pricey, it still comes down to around R5,50 per cup. My biggest issue is the waste. My partner and I are loyal plunger and Bialetti users, mostly due to the fact that we only create organic waste with the grounds. A family member has a Dolce Gusto machine and I love the convenience and relative good cups of coffee it serves... but it kills me to use so much plastic and just throwing it in the bin. 

Please advise. 

Good morning,

I would like your opinion on the Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine if you're keen to share? The machines come at a fair price and although the pods are a bit pricey, it still comes down to around R5,50 per cup. My biggest issue is the waste. My partner and I are loyal plunger and Bialetti users, mostly due to the fact that we only create organic waste with the grounds. A family member has a Dolce Gusto machine and I love the convenience and relative good cups of coffee it serves... but it kills me to use so much plastic and just throwing it in the bin.

Please advise.

My opinion... forget about the Dolce Gusto machine and get something a little more expensive. A Breville machine is good (for the price), but requires a lot of trial and error. Good doesn’t imply the best, but better than the R1-R2k range of household espresso machines.

Double the price for the machine, but a R60 bag of beans (250g) will give you about R2.00 per cup, so half the cost you mention.

My opinion... forget about the Dolce Gusto machine and get something a little more expensive. A Breville machine is good (for the price), but requires a lot of trial and error. Good doesn’t imply the best, but better than the R1-R2k range of household espresso machines.

Double the price for the machine, but a R60 bag of beans (250g) will give you about R2.00 per cup, so half the cost you mention.

No Brainer.

At a savings of R3.5 per cup that R2000 breaks even at 572 cups. About a year or daily coffees for two persons (not counting the coffees you will make for friends.)

And then you have a wider range of FRESH high quality coffees to choose from. AND you can continue composting your grounds instead of worrying about the aluminum single use pods.