Coffee machine

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how tastes vary...

I quite enjoy the Woolies beans. Prefer the taste to that of Illy , Lavazza , Mokador.

I haven't tried Truth yet.

I suppose it is a bit like art. Some people love what others can't stand. It doesn't necessarily mean it is bad, rather just a case of personal preference.

Amazing how tastes vary...

I quite enjoy the Woolies beans. Prefer the taste to that of Illy , Lavazza , Mokador.

I haven't tried Truth yet.

Are any of those beans you've mentioned fresh? As in maximum a month after roasting date?

Are any of those beans you've mentioned fresh? As in maximum a month after roasting date?

Sincerely doubt it.... But since its Xmas and all, send some fresh beans over. :whistling:

Truth is shipped within a couple of days of roasting.... We hold each roast overnight for cupping and evaluation (the flavour only settles down then) We then score them, those that are good enough are then blended, packed and available for shipping. We roast just in time on this basis, so no old stock is kept on hand. 

Edited by iteachcoffee

Truth is shipped within a couple of days of roasting.... We hold each roast overnight for cupping and evaluation (the flavour only settles down then) We then score them, those that are good enough are then blended, packed and available for shipping. We roast just in time on this basis, so no old stock is kept on hand.

Which is why it's always so delicious.

Does the 20% discount still apply? Admittedly didn't redeem last time out, would like to pop in to store for some coffee.

Does the 20% discount still apply? Admittedly didn't redeem last time out, would like to pop in to store for some coffee.

that one expired.... but with SUBSTANTIAL arm twisting, perhaps a window could open up in the new year sometime?

Nice - weird name though - Tea... solid machine - you will be happy - what grinder are you pairing it with?

My new toy..

Thanks V12man

Got the Isomac Gran Macinino to go with it. It has plenty of grind settings so not stuck with only a handful.

Beans from truth arrive, the woolies beans are in the bin. Bliss.

I tend to use left over emergency beans such as the Woolies beans for making stuff like Gelato or coffee sorbet. Sometimes I get given beans by well meaning friends which I then grind quite course and donate to a friend with one of those office drip machines.

Wow, WW beans taking a beating! Seriously though, how does one get beans for say R300/kg and then ones for almost half that? Both fresh?