Coffee machine

Was just at the Nespresso shop today to stock up on Crealto before it goes off the shelf and they have a new limited edition out for Halloween. Unfortunately they are not allowing tastings as each shop only got 750 boxes but you can buy a box @ R120.00 for 10.

Rather pricey I thought, considering one cant even try it first, but I took a box anyway and will try it later,..... I had three espresso's at the shop and I am still buzzing.laugh.png

Let me know how that halloween blend is.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any experience with a smeg scm 1 espresso machine? My brother just bought one second hand and when we put it on it had an error message. Any ideas?

On the subject of beans, I use the woolworths continental dark roast, R70 bucks for 500g, so good value, and great fresh beans, with a slight oily feel. Just the way I like it!

Let me know how that halloween blend is.

Its nice Wayne, both my wife and I like it but I have to say the jury is out on its value at R120.00 per tube, double the price of the normal tubes. I have to say I would try it maybe if I were you, but its hard to say if its quality is worth the value.

Its nice Wayne, both my wife and I like it but I have to say the jury is out on its value at R120.00 per tube, double the price of the normal tubes. I have to say I would try it maybe if I were you, but its hard to say if its quality is worth the value.

R12 a pop is bit much...I consider Illy beans to be expensive, and that works out less than R2.50!

R12 a pop is bit much...I consider Illy beans to be expensive, and that works out less than R2.50!

Yeah, it is, they say its 'cos they used some special slow roasting process hence they have such limited stock. The average Nespresso pod is about 5 bucks odd so 12 bucks per pod is definitely expensive.

Was just at the Nespresso shop today to stock up on Crealto before it goes off the shelf and they have a new limited edition out for Halloween. Unfortunately they are not allowing tastings as each shop only got 750 boxes but you can buy a box @ R120.00 for 10.

Rather pricey I thought, considering one cant even try it first, but I took a box anyway and will try it later,..... I had three espresso's at the shop and I am still buzzing.laugh.png

ohmy.png

Cost me about R 60.00.

GOG let us know how the Halloween tastes. Took my last box of Indriya out this morning and saw I'm down to two boxes if Crealto. Unacceptable, will have to make a turn by VNA after work to stock up.

ohmy.png

Cost me about R 60.00.

Huh..... was that for the Halloween special blend mate.? eek.gif At the Sandton shop they charged me R120.00.

GOG let us know how the Halloween tastes. Took my last box of Indriya out this morning and saw I'm down to two boxes if Crealto. Unacceptable, will have to make a turn by VNA after work to stock up.

Its nice MC, but I cant say its that much nicer than say Crealto for instance, I was thinking about it but I dont think I'll buy it again.

Still no news on the Christmas blends?

No, I asked them and they said first week of December. Gonna have to camp outside the shop. biggrin.png

Ah, I see now, no it was the Crealto, very nice coffee that Crealto.

Yeah, I like it too, but not much left it seems, maybe grab some now,.... I grabbed 6 boxes,..... hope that holds out till the Christmas blend arrives. biggrin.png

All this talk about coffee machines and fine coffee made me look out for a decent machine since this topic started and I finally came across this deal:

http://www.yuppiechef.co.za/nespresso.htm?id=7255&name=Nespresso-U-Automatic-Espresso-Machine-with-Aeroccino

Machine, Frother and a R400 Pod Voucher for R2,395.00, is this a good deal, because I just could not find a better deal than this lately on the interweb.....

Can't wait, looking forward to it's arrival....