Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I roasted and cupped our new Guatemala on Friday and I think its going to be a cracker! 

Waiting for it to degass is taking a lot out of me  :devil:

We started on the Uganda beans - I am not good at identifying or describing tastes, but I would say that it's very smooth and seems almost mild. Makes for a lovely flat white.

We started on the Uganda beans - I am not good at identifying or describing tastes, but I would say that it's very smooth and seems almost mild. Makes for a lovely flat white.

The Uganda is a mild coffee, works super well with Milk! 

It can also shine in an americano, double! 

Just serviced my Jura F50 by myself, put it back together and it's churning out lovely espresso. Stoked.

What did this entail Bruce; is it just google or youtube; special knowledge. Mine must be needing it although I do all the cleaning and descaling vitamins.

What did this entail Bruce; is it just google or youtube; special knowledge. Mine must be needing it although I do all the cleaning and descaling vitamins.

Guides on Google, but there is a cheap custom oval wrench that I got on Amazon, postage was cheap

Guides on Google, but there is a cheap custom oval wrench that I got on Amazon, postage was cheap

Can you post a picture of the wrench? I am keen to do mine. Did you need to buy a kit or anything(besides the wrench)? What did you change/replace?

I like @splat don't know much about tasting and what's not.

I finished the Guatemala on Saturday and brewed some Holy Roller last night, interesting thing i found first time ever since home brewing, i think my grind was too fine where I noticed some oil spots. Coarsed the grind up this morning and it was better.

The Guatemala i too found to be smooth, and lite.

Have to have more on the Holy Rolleraf1a3d7bb14c1b90ad1034e34d272cd3.jpg45b676c0dc7b0e58ff4fd81ebaf93598.jpg

Edited by Meezo

I finished the Guatemala on Saturday and brewed some Holy Roller last night, interesting thing i found first time ever since home brewing, i think my grind was too fine where I noticed some oil spots. Coarsed the grind up this morning and it was better.

Have to have more on the Holy Rolleraf1a3d7bb14c1b90ad1034e34d272cd3.jpg45b676c0dc7b0e58ff4fd81ebaf93598.jpg

How course/fine do you have your grind?

I am using a Jura and have the grind set smack bang in the middle but know little to nothing about where it should be. In have not moved it since getting the machine.

Quick question for you coffee whiz kids on here if I may.

I got a Nescafe Dulce Gusto for end of last year and have been enjoying the cups it makes. 2 of them that I specifically buy is the cappuccino and flat white.

My question is if there are any other companies that do pods for this machine or is it only Nescafe themselves? 

Quick question for you coffee whiz kids on here if I may.

I got a Nescafe Dulce Gusto for end of last year and have been enjoying the cups it makes. 2 of them that I specifically buy is the cappuccino and flat white.

My question is if there are any other companies that do pods for this machine or is it only Nescafe themselves?

Checkers sell pods for them..can't remember the brand name but they do work for the Dulce Gusto machine. (Check the box it will say if it is compatible) Edited by Gen

Fantastic milk texture!  :thumbup:

I sometimes get it right, but am often to impatient or distracted and end up with bubble bath foam  :cursing:

Checkers sell pods for them..can't remember the brand name but they do work for the Dulce Gusto machine. (Check the box it will say if it is compatible)

Thanks very much. Will have a squiz at checkers next time I'm there.

I know I'll own a decent coffee machine when I'm older. But for my current younger self, my finances are needed elsewhere.

How course/fine do you have your grind?

I am using a Jura and have the grind set smack bang in the middle but know little to nothing about where it should be. In have not moved it since getting the machine.

I'm using a Oscar machine, and have been using Deluxe house blend for as long i can remember, from using a bean to cup machine in past i would send grind to as fine as possible without choking the machine. Now I've used a similar theory, except that my tamp doesn't have to be too hard to and still get extraction to run for 20-25 seconds.

So quite difficult to say how fine, I'll take a picture this evening.

Can you post a picture of the wrench? I am keen to do mine. Did you need to buy a kit or anything(besides the wrench)? What did you change/replace?

Sure. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088MGBJH3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_18QWEb7W5QCGZ is the tool. Welcome to borrow mine if in CT.

Needed 3 different torx screwdrivers and 1 large Philips screwdriver - they need to reach about 25cm and be magnetic as the screws are quite deep down. A set of long nose pliers. And a torch. That's it.

I didn't replace anything. The brew head can't be serviced as far as I can see. But coffee powder gunk gradually builds up in it, so removing it and spraying it out from every angle and letting it dry before putting it back keeps it going and going.