Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I need to up my latte art then. Lol my neighbour offered me a cuppacino earlier, I asked what machine and he said no, a packet.

[emoji23]was listening to the radio this morning and people were saying one of the first things they're going to do post lockdown is have a proper coffee shop coffee... Guess we're blessed in that department!

Out of interest, where was that pic taken, Dave?

Waterfal Boven, tranquilitas crag, think somewhere around where Doom is bolted.

Waterfal Boven, tranquilitas crag, think somewhere around where Doom is bolted.

Thanks, I figured it might be boven. Been a long time since I visited boven, but I remember that crag (where doom is) being loads of fun. We climbed there during the rock rally about 15 years ago!

• 2 weeks later...

Will see how this rolls... took less than half and hour to slap together as I need to get started on real work.

Funny thing is that the handle already a little further from the pot than the origional.

Do you mean like this?

And the handle broke when "someone" used it to lever open the pot again.

Have an idea involving a old saw blade and timber that will be put to the test over the weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Bloody Nespresso. R20 per sleeve increase!

Now I have to find an alternative to my office brew.

Space and time is limited so having a proper machine at work is not an option. And seeing that I need to drink Decaf options are rather limited to a proper brew

I’ve been through a Kg of The Nerd’s coffee beans in April. Two deliveries of 500g at a time. While I was rationing my daily consumption prior for the first delivery, I cannot say the same since I know there’s now a steady supply. The last batch didn’t even last the usual 2 weeks.

Bloody Nespresso. R20 per sleeve increase!

Now I have to find an alternative to my office brew.

Space and time is limited so having a proper machine at work is not an option. And seeing that I need to drink Decaf options are rather limited to a proper brew

If you have to go Nespresso, have you tried a stainless steel reusable pod, which you can fill with your own grind?

If you have to go Nespresso, have you tried a stainless steel reusable pod, which you can fill with your own grind?

Problem is getting decaf beans. Due to my underlying illness and losing a few organs I was recommended to stick to decaf or rooibos.

But if I can find a proper decaf coffee, I will buy the stainless pod (or 3) but only the decaf beans are holding me back

Any espresso machines up for grabs?

Im due/itching for an upgrade ????

I’ve been through a Kg of The Nerd’s coffee beans in April. Two deliveries of 500g at a time. While I was rationing my daily consumption prior for the first delivery, I cannot say the same since I know there’s now a steady supply. The last batch didn’t even last the usual 2 weeks.

Jealous!

Looking forward to getting another bag of that good stuff down here in CT

Jealous!

Looking forward to getting another bag of that good stuff down here in CT

Once regular courier is up and running I will be sending some down! 

Once regular courier is up and running I will be sending some down!

So now you have my attention. Tell me about your coffee. What beans are you roasting? I normally order +-4kg casalinga for myself (more on the plus side) but looking for a nice dark roast done with robusta beans. Can you do?