Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They quite expensive hey, most of the things I have from Birzman is cheaper (just comparing to them because they are said to be 'one of the more expensive brands'...not necessarily the best)

:) - This was in connection with a spoke tension meter - should be on it's way tomorrow latest.

One of the best tools I have are the brake clamshells from birzman  - makes life a lot easier sometimes.

Got a new steed this week :D  :D

Very Nice. But please remove that Red plastic cover on your quick release before it lays eggs. :whistling: :ph34r:

Come now guys, some of us like to cycle comfortably[emoji6] . I will probably change to some foamy shite, but need to take the bike on a nice long ride to experience what the shorter stem will be like. I had a pair foamies on but The Baviaans killed my hands, will see what the new stem's outcome is like.

As long as your long ride has lots and lots of singletrack because that's where shorter stem shines. If the front feels twitchy or your position feels cramped, then your bars are too narrow.

As long as your long ride has lots and lots of singletrack because that's where shorter stem shines. If the front feels twitchy or your position feels cramped, then your bars are too narrow.

I don't do that much singletrack, mostly gravel roads. Did 25kms yesterday and I really enjoyed the shorter stem, climbing much better and overall feel seems better as well.

A purchase that turned out not to be a purchase...got these Mavic MA40s laced to Ofmega hubs off the hub, but when it came time to pay, I was reminded of a pay-it-forward thingie from a couple of years back...cheers, Mint Sauce! Put on some Freedom Thickslicks and rode them for the first time yesterday. Love 'em!

post-1604-0-66640200-1446190727_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-54319600-1446190735_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-29008700-1446190744_thumb.jpg

edit: Oh, and the Froome book was a purchase from a recent Exclusives sale. Got for R30, I think. 

Edited by Tumbleweed

Went to JHB cycle fair on Sun and rode a Fat Bike

I enjoyed it so much I sold my road bike and added a few rand to buy a fatty

Got a fairly decent mongoos Argus

Bought FUNN seat post stem and handle bars

Added new Sella Italia saddle and proper lock on grips

This is how she was .. in pic

I will post pics with new bits tomorrow

Just need to get decent flat pedals ..

MONGOOSE came std with 2 X 10 SlX front and rear derailer

Deore shifters - Tektro hydraulic brakes .. FSA cranks and BB

And didn't break the bank