Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

It's finally official

So much more bike than my limited skillset can handle at the moment, but she gives me a big ****-eating grin every time I get on her, and that's the point of it all...

Meet: Penny.

p5pb12748165.jpg

Congrats! Looks so good. Can't wait to see more!!

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's finally official

So much more bike than my limited skillset can handle at the moment, but she gives me a big ****-eating grin every time I get on her, and that's the point of it all...

attachicon.gifp5pb12748165.jpg

That's awesome!!! Congrats Dude, such a rad ride. Many, many, maaaaany happy smiles and miles...

So after much deliberation, introspection, self-reflection and consulting both the new and old gods, I decided not to buy a Canyon Spectral and go the trail hardtail route. Decided on a 2015 Commencal Meta AM HT Essential Plus 650B (try saying that three times fast). 

post-62668-0-03586000-1444632534_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic from Commencal's website, as my shitty photography doesn't do the bike justice:

http://www.commencal-store.co.uk/Files/98790/Img/20/15METAHTAMEPLUSYE_2000.jpg

I'm f*cking loving this bike. The spec is pretty basic, but works like a charm. The crown jewel is the Marzo 350R - it doesn't have much in the way of adjustability, but is super stiff and very supple in the start of its stroke. 

The bike is so different from my Spez Camber, it was a complete mindfuck the first time I did a ride. Low, long and slack.

So after much deliberation, introspection, self-reflection and consulting both the new and old gods, I decided not to buy a Canyon Spectral and go the trail hardtail route. Decided on a 2015 Commencal Meta AM HT Essential Plus 650B (try saying that three times fast). 

attachicon.gifIMG_20151010_165553.jpg

Here's a pic from Commencal's website, as my shitty photography doesn't do the bike justice:

http://www.commencal-store.co.uk/Files/98790/Img/20/15METAHTAMEPLUSYE_2000.jpg

I'm f*cking loving this bike. The spec is pretty basic, but works like a charm. The crown jewel is the Marzo 350R - it doesn't have much in the way of adjustability, but is super stiff and very supple in the start of its stroke. 

The bike is so different from my Spez Camber, it was a complete mindfuck the first time I did a ride. Low, long and slack.

And just absorbs everything infront of it and makes you want to go faster and faster :thumbup: 

Since when do they do a 150mm dropper????

Erm... Since it was launched a while ago, together with the 2016 range? It's a far better looking piece of kit, with a brand new, slimmed down saddle clamp & head. Dual bolt clamp, far less chunky and yet the same affordable price. AFAIK there are more coming in soon, but Giant DBVille sold 4 in the space of 2 days. 

Best order one sharpish. Even if you have to wait for it, it's less than half the price of a new Reverb. 

It's finally official

attachicon.gifp5pb12748165.jpg

Man, I love those frames! The black/blue one is so flippen hot! Rad bike!

Erm... Since it was launched a while ago, together with the 2016 range? It's a far better looking piece of kit, with a brand new, slimmed down saddle clamp & head. Dual bolt clamp, far less chunky and yet the same affordable price. AFAIK there are more coming in soon, but Giant DBVille sold 4 in the space of 2 days. 

Best order one sharpish. Even if you have to wait for it, it's less than half the price of a new Reverb. 

I have the original 100mm drop, that double bolt clamp interests me. Had a horrendous landing doing a drop off at Wolvespruit the weekend. Went to fast and basically did a 2m drop to flat!!! Landed on the nose of the seat and that clamp did nothing, just twisted right forward, saddle was at a 45deg declined angle.

Has happened before on the trail, doble bolt is probably to address this issue.

I have the original 100mm drop, that double bolt clamp interests me. Had a horrendous landing doing a drop off at Wolvespruit the weekend. Went to fast and basically did a 2m drop to flat!!! Landed on the nose of the seat and that clamp did nothing, just twisted right forward, saddle was at a 45deg declined angle.

Has happened before on the trail, doble bolt is probably to address this issue.

it are. 

I mean: 

The courier dropped of some parts from Rapidé earlier today for my next SS build.post-54774-1444763438,8595.jpgThe Big Ass 780mm handlebar is for my current steed,and looking good if I might say so myself.post-54774-1444763905,1083.jpg