Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2018 Dartmoor Hornet .... 140-180mm travel forks

Semi plus bike frame that takes up to 27.5 wheel with 2.8" max Tyre, or 29'er max 2.25"/35" tyre pending the tyre brand.

Wayyyy too much of a bike for me to break ... so perfect, and waayyyy too much bike for my skill/kahuna size ... so perfect.

And it is black on black, perfect.

Will run the 160mm DVO from the Banshee on her, with the same wheelset ... once the tyres die I will up the rim width and get butch tyres....you know, so that I can look fast in the parking lot.

http://dartmoor-bikes.com/hardware/enduro-trail/hornet-1

That sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun! Please post some pics for me to drool over when she's built up

I purchased some generic tyre slime, a generic aluminium hand pump, three generic plastic tyre levers and a Fluid saddle bag to store everything in (bar the pump which is affixed to the frame).

I bought some realestate at hoogies today

You gonna farm? Or just use it occasionally as a weekend getaway?  ;)

New shock for the Ht! Awsome upgrade from the Monarch Rt3 . First ride felt really good, haven’t even set it up properly yet ! Dvo is really on another level ! Packaging not to bad either , felt like I had just purchased something dangerous!post-62272-0-73760200-1523795061_thumb.jpeg

post-62272-0-36483200-1523795084_thumb.jpeg

2018 Dartmoor Hornet .... 140-180mm travel forks

Semi plus bike frame that takes up to 27.5 wheel with 2.8" max Tyre, or 29'er max 2.25"/35" tyre pending the tyre brand.

Wayyyy too much of a bike for me to break ... so perfect, and waayyyy too much bike for my skill/kahuna size ... so perfect.

And it is black on black, perfect.

Will run the 160mm DVO from the Banshee on her, with the same wheelset ... once the tyres die I will up the rim width and get butch tyres....you know, so that I can look fast in the parking lot.

http://dartmoor-bikes.com/hardware/enduro-trail/hornet-1

Looks hot ????

Congratz Hairy

New shock for the Ht! Awsome upgrade from the Monarch Rt3 . First ride felt really good, haven’t even set it up properly yet ! Dvo is really on another level ! Packaging not to bad either , felt like I had just purchased something dangerous!attachicon.gifF1E5DAB2-41FE-46B3-971E-2C2C3EB4B36F.jpeg

flippen nice !

New shock for the Ht! Awsome upgrade from the Monarch Rt3 . First ride felt really good, haven’t even set it up properly yet ! Dvo is really on another level ! Packaging not to bad either , felt like I had just purchased something dangerous!attachicon.gifF1E5DAB2-41FE-46B3-971E-2C2C3EB4B36F.jpeg

You do know you "need" a DVO fork now too!!!

Comprehensive review thus far?

I have read a few reviews on the unit and they only negative points I could pick is the navigation (which I really don't mind - I knew my local routes very well) and the app is a little chunky.

But the amount of data fields you can view while riding is a nice touch.

The biggest selling point IMO is that amazing battery life.

I am actually considering to ditch Garmin... Otherwise, I will save a bit up and get a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt.

Comprehensive review thus far?

I have read a few reviews on the unit and they only negative points I could pick is the navigation (which I really don't mind - I knew my local routes very well) and the app is a little chunky.

But the amount of data fields you can view while riding is a nice touch.

The biggest selling point IMO is that amazing battery life.

I am actually considering to ditch Garmin... Otherwise, I will save a bit up and get a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt.

I've been living with the Neostrack for about a month now. My previous unit was the Bryton 330. That's been transferred to my ladies bike.

Out of the box it comes with an out front mount and a bar mount. The plan was to put the out front mount on my roadie and "modify" the bar mount to work as a stem cap mount for my MTB. Needless to say I broke the bar mount immediately. Lucky out front mounts are cheap (under R200) so now both bikes have an out front mount.

Initial setup was a breeze. I installed the app, registered and set up my cadensometer in a few minutes. Also linked it up with Strava pretty easily. That's done in the app not on the unit. My teenage stepdaughter did find the constant beeping quite annoying whilst I was setting it up.

It comes with a number of screens and I managed to switch all but 2 off. I have 10 fileds on both. One day when I can afford a power meter I'll change that. The display is completely customizable and can even link to your Di2 if you are fortunate enough to have that on your bike. The only field the Bryton has that the Giant Unit does not have is heading.

I managed to download a gpx file of the CTCT route and followed that for the race. I did find that rather depressing on the day tho as the km's to go ticket off all too slowly. The mapping function works similarly to my old Bryton unit so there are no ACTUAL maps on the device. It just looks at your location and overlays that with the gpx file. That's fine for my needs.

There's not much more to say really. With the seeming demise of Bryton locally you really only have this and the Lezyne unit to choose from if you want a budget GPS.

The only negatives I can think of are.

1. Mounts. This was a negative of the Bryton too. I really wish these people would adopt a mounting standard for all devices.

2. When uploading the ride it sometimes goes into a loop. I just stop the upload and start over and it seems to then work. This might also be phone/connectivity related

That's all I can think of really. I've not used any of the built in workout features and the map your ride feature isn't very intuitive.

*Disclaimer. I've never used a High end GPS. Experience is based PURELY on my Bryton and the Giant.  

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I never thought I'd ever fit a water bottle to one of my bikes... but I caved.

Probably the lightest and best looking bottle cage out there

attachicon.gifIMG-20180413-WA0029.jpeg

Hard to spot, right?! That's the point, haha

Here it is with the bottle mounted

attachicon.gifIMG-20180413-WA0027.jpeg

I also have them fabric magafters on my one bike, not too bad, just takes getting used to.

I also have them fabric magafters on my one bike, not too bad, just takes getting used to.

Haha I have heard it can be an adjustment.

I have never had a bottle cage on my bike, so I'm none the wiser, haha