Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this baby last night. Upgraded from a Giant TCR composite 2.

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a601/Daezara/IMG_4544_zpslebpyque.jpg

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a601/Daezara/IMG_4542_zps100tlpm0.jpg

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a601/Daezara/IMG_4545_zpshg55h59u.jpg

Just need to get road shoes now and i can use my pedals.

My first full build from scratch, finished about 2 months ago. From installing the BB bearing to tightening the pedals (excluding the wheel build)... Although the guys at Mellow Velo gave a hand with the headset :o

running 34 x 11-42 with a real brand mixup - Wolftooth DM N/W on Sram crank, kalbo 16t & one up 42t.

post-16445-0-47636000-1444999014_thumb.jpg

post-16445-0-92121500-1444999030_thumb.jpg

Is that a sand board or snow board PS, I dunno the difference

Snowboard....have now idea what the difference would be.

Used to use a sheet of plywood to go down the dunes and Sundays River and Maitlands :thumbup:

If the weathermen are correct then i won't be cycling outside much this winter.Might be able to snowboard my local trails :oops:  :eek:  :w00t:

My first full build from scratch, finished about 2 months ago. From installing the BB bearing to tightening the pedals (excluding the wheel build)... Although the guys at Mellow Velo gave a hand with the headset :o

running 34 x 11-42 with a real brand mixup - Wolftooth DM N/W on Sram crank, kalbo 16t & one up 42t.

attachicon.gif20150830_061751.jpg

attachicon.gif20150830_061826.jpg

Very nice!  :thumbup:

(Just cut that damn steerer tube!)

damn, 

Snowboard....have now idea what the difference would be.

Used to use a sheet of plywood to go down the dunes and Sundays River and Maitlands :thumbup:

If the weathermen are correct then i won't be cycling outside much this winter.Might be able to snowboard my local trails :oops:  :eek:  :w00t:

Damn, I am jealous. Need to plan that long awaited trip to tiffendell somtime

I joined the 1 x 9 club (yes, I'm several years late to the party :clap: ) - Just had my new Raceface 30t NW chainring installed at Singletrack cycles yesterday. Running it with a 11-34 XT casette, XT derailleur and LX shifter. Went for a decent ride today. So far so good!  :thumbup:

post-37016-0-69204400-1445003369_thumb.jpg

post-37016-0-44812700-1445003374_thumb.jpg

It's finally official

So much more bike than my limited skillset can handle at the moment, but she gives me a big ****-eating grin every time I get on her, and that's the point of it all...

Meet: Penny.

attachicon.gifp5pb12748165.jpg

I see you run a very short stem on your bike, what will the affect be in handling? I have a 90mm stem and flat bar on my Merida full susser, had a raiser handlebar on with the 90mm stem, but put it back on my ht for wife and son who uses it now mostly, I felt much more comfortable with that setup. I'm thinking of leaving the flat bar on my full susser but to put a shorter stem on, no longer than 50mm. I like a more upright riding position because of lower back operations I had. I need advice because it it seems to me that you've got quite good experience.

I see you run a very short stem on your bike, what will the affect be in handling? I have a 90mm stem and flat bar on my Merida full susser, had a raiser handlebar on with the 90mm stem, but put it back on my ht for wife and son who uses it now mostly, I felt much more comfortable with that setup. I'm thinking of leaving the flat bar on my full susser but to put a shorter stem on, no longer than 50mm. I like a more upright riding position because of lower back operations I had. I need advice because it it seems to me that you've got quite good experience.

For what its worth, Myles recommended a shorter stem for (I was aski g the questions) so I took the advise and went from 90mm stem to 60mm stem.

Best thing ever!. Handling was so much better and more control. Also went wider on the bars and handling and control was fantastic.

Search a thread called Stem 101. Thats the thread where I got all the info.

Just finished building my dream bike...can't wait for the first ride tomorrow

Report, report, report........please.........considering something new?