Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE PLEASE DO not do that 

Even at 18 psi if that thing blows the shards CAN kill you 

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/159533-fire-extinguisher-tyre-pump/page-5?hl=extinguisher

Please see this thread, I made one out of a fire extinguisher that CAN SAFELY go up to 205 psi

This is enough for four 2.4 29' tyres.

I'll tell exactly how to build it ,but I really don't want to hear about someone that got killed by pumping up a coke bottle.

Live a little. It's fun.

Live a little. It's fun.

Don't be like that.

It is actually very dangerous. He is trying to warn you before something bad happens.

"Carbon 29er 

Take A pressure that you feel is safe say 60psi for example.

Now take a blade and put anywhere on your body and put 27.3 Kg of weight on it

Thats a very rough estimate on the power of a plastic shard that explodes at A pressure of 60PSI

Your life. Do what you want.

Alright stop collaborate and listen. Just duct tape the bottle, problem solved! LOL

"Carbon 29er 

Thats a very rough estimate on the power of a plastic shard that explodes at A pressure of 60PSI

Alright stop collaborate and listen. Just duct tape the bottle, problem solved! LOL

I put my coke bottle inflater bottle inside an overturned steel drum. For just in case.

But one day when I grow up I'll make one with a fire extinguisher, or even an empty cadac gas bottle (buy they are a bit expensive to use for this.)

I put my coke bottle inflater bottle inside an overturned steel drum. For just in case.

But one day when I grow up I'll make one with a fire extinguisher, or even an empty cadac gas bottle (buy they are a bit expensive to use for this.)

Or buy the Schwalbe one. Been well tested by the CE certification nannies.

I have an empty 9kg gas bottle but see 2 issues: Too much pumping to get it up to pressure and my drill bit has nowhere to get through.

Of course, this is all academic as I can just fetch my 150 litre compressor and plug it in. That does plenty of tyres with no hassles. And it's certified so perfectly safe.

"Carbon 29er 

2lt plastic bottles are said to fail at 150 psi. http://education.seattlepi.com/much-pressure-can-two-liter-bottle-handle-6313.html

But then again this youtube says lower, around 120 psi. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AERonjBB0Oc

I guess the trick is to watch if it deforms.

At 70 psi it pops my tyre so I really don't need more than that.

But thanks for your concern.

2lt plastic bottles are said to fail at 150 psi. http://education.seattlepi.com/much-pressure-can-two-liter-bottle-handle-6313.html

But then again this youtube says lower, around 120 psi. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AERonjBB0Oc

I guess the trick is to watch if it deforms.

At 70 psi it pops my tyre so I really don't need more than that.

But thanks for your concern.

Used to pump them to 10bar 100s of times to use as rockets. They get misty/smokey inside. Still need to see one explode.

At 2bar it would still be safer than going out for a cycle. Everything is dangerous.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

If you can't pump your tubeless up with a footpump, keep adding a layer of tape to the rim channel until you can. The tire and rim just need a tighter fit.

Just so everyone is on board with pressure....1 bar is approx 13.7 psi. So 100 psi = about 7 bar. Pumping stuff to this pressure also results in temperature changes that weaken the plastic.

If you must do this with a PET soft drink bottle then cover the thing with a heavy blanket or two for safety when in use.

150psi in a 2 litre bottle becomes instantaneously about 20 litres when it bursts so placing a solid object like a drum over it for protection just makes a bigger missile. Be safe.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2347418c9b8d96da252e8c7623fac0dc.jpg

My new baby [emoji4]

Bought the frame 2nd hand from a fellow Hubber (thanks @Sifiso) - 2013 Bianchi Sempre Pro

Full Campy Record Titanium 10spd setup, incl. carbon crank, intending to convert the beauty to 2014 Chorus 11spd soon (thanks Furbz!)

Sciroccos 35's brand new purchased on Black Friday from Merlin, UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheels for my tandem.

55mm 36 hole laced with Sapim CX-Ray and brass nipples to the original DT Swiss tandem hubs. Schwalbe Pro One tubeless mounted with American Classic 25mm tubeless tape and Geax liquid. 80mm valve removable core stems with anti rattle.

Oooh nice. Those must be seriously strong!