Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Continetal Der Kaizer Apex Protection

I've read VERY good things about that tyre. 

Also - there was a group test by (I think) Enduro MTB magazine, recently. Conti came out tops, but the best performing tyre was the MM. It was let down because it was paired with a PaceStar Rock Razor in the middle of the muddy season. So the combo got marked down. 

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read VERY good things about that tyre. 

Also - there was a group test by (I think) Enduro MTB magazine, recently. Conti came out tops, but the best performing tyre was the MM. It was let down because it was paired with a PaceStar Rock Razor in the middle of the muddy season. So the combo got marked down. 

My new bike came fitted with the Continental Der Baron Apex Protection and the grip in the mud/slop/moist loam is absolutley insane. Never experienced that level of grip before in those conditions.

That being said, I don't think they'll be great on hardpack/loose-over-hardpack as the knobs are quite widely spaced. The Kaizer has tighter spacing and should suit drier conditions better.

Continetal Der Kaizer Apex Protection

Der Kaizer Projekt???

I am using, well I was, and decided to do a tyre rotation. Man, I am missing it alot. It is an awesome tyre. Will be getting more for front and back.

Der Kaizer Projekt???

I am using, well I was, and decided to do a tyre rotation. Man, I am missing it alot. It is an awesome tyre. Will be getting more for front and back.

I believe that the Der Baron is also a awesome tire but as usual we don't get them here.

just beware - teh Ibex is good, but show it a wet root and its feet go out from under it faster than a russian hooker. 

It's also very pressure sensitive.

Damn straight its pressure sensitive alright ask me I know that's why I ended up with cooked ribs.

I believe that the Der Baron is also a awesome tire but as usual we don't get them here.

I posted this above:

My new bike came fitted with the Continental Der Baron Apex Protection and the grip in the mud/slop/moist loam is absolutley insane. Never experienced that level of grip before in those conditions.

That being said, I don't think they'll be great on hardpack/loose-over-hardpack as the knobs are quite widely spaced. The Kaizer has tighter spacing and should suit drier conditions better.

Edited by ØÐINSȪƝ

post-52846-0-22365600-1487668488_thumb.jpg These arrive early next month with a friend from the U.K. Kestral Lace only paid R1500 and local they are 3k and only come in black/red or carbon color but agents don't have any size UK 12 and they are R1500 more here. Edited by Bizkit031

Very nice. Pity they will never look like that again. Might as well be white.

Get well soon.

at the rate of breakdown currently being experienced, i think they going to look that way for quite some time :/

But thanks for the wellwish. i really could do with a break (most unfortunate turn of phrase in this context.. :D)

attachicon.gifIMG_0204.JPG These arrive early next month with a friend from the U.K. Kestral Lace only paid R1500 and local they are 3k and only come in black/red or carbon color but agents don't have any size UK 12 and they are R1500 more here.

Feck! They look fresh as a fresh thing on a stick. Bleery nice.