Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you find the pedals?

They look like one sided road pedals that work with a mtb cleat. I had quite a lot of trouble finding those for my last project. They used to be commonplace, but have become scarce.

Hi DJR, those are VP pedals, not sure who the importers/agents are, but I know my LBS stock them.

Let me know if you want there details.

Technically this is a purchase-someone had to buy steel and welding rods, at some point...

Longer rides where becoming an issue with being able to carry enough water; and a Camelback was the next best thing to this :whistling:

post-86802-0-38999600-1486891058_thumb.jpg

I'll make whoever gives me two matching bottle cages one as well ;)

At the beginning of November of our security fellas banned me from riding my bike out of camp  - as I have done for almost 6 years 4 times a week. (They had intelligence of a security threat, something that materialised bigly this week)

So, I ordered a Spinning Bike from SA which arrived two weeks ago when I got back from R&R

At a visit to my GP during my R&R, I mentioned that my plan was to use it for a lot of  interval type training, so my GP prescribed Joe Friel's book " Fast after 50" for me.

Joe Friel swears by using power and not heart rate only for setting training zones, so I closed my eyes, opened my wallet and ordered some Garmin Vector 2 Power pedals.

post-63-0-80147800-1486897588_thumb.jpg

post-63-0-70385500-1486897600_thumb.jpg

Technically this is a purchase-someone had to buy steel and welding rods, at some point...

Longer rides where becoming an issue with being able to carry enough water; and a Camelback was the next best thing to this :whistling:

attachicon.gif20170212_072006.jpg

I'll make whoever gives me two matching bottle cages one as well ;)

if you want to keep your bottles, get yourself lezyne flow cages.

Received my American Classic 420 Aero 3 wheelset today.

They look well made and are relatively light. Not sure how I feel about the colour scheme but nothing a set of decals can't fix.

oooooooooh!

Report, sir!

grip seems ridiculous so far!

Clearance though - but the high volume 2.5 is the limit for the Pike. Have about 3 - 5mm clearance.  Will check the Mattoc, guessing I'll have more clearance on there.

grip seems ridiculous so far!

Clearance though - but the high volume 2.5 is the limit for the Pike. Have about 3 - 5mm clearance.  Will check the Mattoc, guessing I'll have more clearance on there.

you switch between forks?

They stay in really well actually; bottles didn't once budge, and the mount itself doesn't flex a bit

onthou die kalahari is plat.....