Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Stopping things are Formula Cura brakes. Reviews looks good on them but I will test them out in the next few rides and decide if they stay on or get swopped out for my XO trail brakes that's on the Epic.

Good build! Stick with the Cura's. They are great brakes and are powerful enough that they are used on the Pro DH circuit. Keep them, get them bedded in and you'll be glad you did. 

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All build up and ready to ride!

Damn now I am itching...Craig sent me a pic of your bike when I asked him for white & yellow stickers. Have also asked for white mrp stickers for the fork as well. Hopefully will be delivered before Friday .

Good build! Stick with the Cura's. They are great brakes and are powerful enough that they are used on the Pro DH circuit. Keep them, get them bedded in and you'll be glad you did.

I can second this. Have been using the Curas for a few months and I am very happy with their power and modulation. Nothing else at that price point compares!

Was it an impulsive buy?(from your choice of words...)

One of those 'not too be missed opportunities' but I have a gravel grinder so thinking some kind of 'road disc' type build ...? Luckily weight doesn't worry me [emoji41]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

One of those 'not too be missed opportunities' but I have a gravel grinder so thinking some kind of 'road disc' type build ...? Luckily weight doesn't worry me [emoji41]

Commuter perhaps?

Dang...

There was a 105 hydro groupset for 3.5K in the classifieds this morning...

Had I known I would of called dibs for you...

Dang...

There was a 105 hydro groupset for 3.5K in the classifieds this morning...

Had I known I would of called dibs for you...

Ai demmit, but thanks anyway. I have a few bits lying about so I'll see what I can put together

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

That's what I ended up doing with it ... Not a gravel grinder but also not a road bike, aptly described by our own Hog from this here WielNaaf as 'robust' which equates to FAT [emoji849] and not PHAT as I had hoped

Will fit the FD and do the final adjustments and setup tomorrow ready for some riding on the weekend759fa792ba55ccfd449bd7306c9d925f.jpg56a2e3947226dc1c7a7d4635f24c986c.jpg

The finished bike finally, 

nothing i want to change on it yet haha.

Fork feels amazing thanks to Droo

gonna take the bike to conties on Sunday for a proper DH ride and test my wheel building skills,

then Tuesday for 5 days of shuttling should be ideal to break it in

post-82521-0-98743700-1512726347_thumb.jpg

post-82521-0-63606100-1512726073_thumb.jpg

The finished bike finally,

nothing i want to change on it yet haha.

Fork feels amazing thanks to Droo

gonna take the bike to conties on Sunday for a proper DH ride and test my wheel building skills,

then Tuesday for 5 days of shuttling should be ideal to break it in

DSC_0331.JPG

Break it in... or break it... looks rad though