Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Yup, hope Pro 4. Much tighter than the stock Syncros hub. 8 degree engagement I believe. You can get tighter if you go for a DT Swiss hub with the 54 tooth ratchet system. Takes it down to 6 degree engagement and sounds like a big Marlin on the line

Or just buy some i9 hubs..........

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven’t posted here in a while.

Latest purchases:

Rockshox Sid SE fork from the 2019 Top Fuel
Not a purchase but a frame spray
Invisiframe protection over the whole frame
Spez Power saddle
Enve Seatpost

Time to save up for a carbon front hoop and then my bike is complete!

8096c076d42f8cd201cc9fcbe0dbc140.jpg

Edited by Dean9406

New Goodies courtesy of SRAM and Cape Cycle Systems. Just need to wait for the boost adapter kit to arrive, and then it's play time!!! 

Lyrik RC2 Debonair 170mm. So much of drool. 

And yes, this is replacing the Marzo. I'm still keeping the Marzo, but its going up on my wall as a feature. Cos it rocks! I just got an opportunity that was too good to miss, and I jumped. 

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2018-11-15 at 15.12.08.jpeg

Yeah, that was a great opp.

technically, that post should go under the gifts and freebies thread ;)

will be interesting to see hear your take on fork's performance relative to your recent waxings regarding the marzo. Bit of a pity you didn't ride the pre-debonair version first on a long term basis. Would also be interesting to have heard your thoughts on the differences.

He's an informant for the feds now. Don't trust him

very nice and enjoy .... this will hopefully the first of many steel frames :)

Early Christmas present.

My first steel HT. 

very nice and enjoy .... this will hopefully the first of many steel frames :)

Or the first and only :) , that's what's so awesome about steel - you can keep them forever!

There no such thing a too loud a hub!  :clap:

I may be getting soft (okay, I am) but lately I find myself wishing for a silent rear hub. Just the noise of the trail, the tyres on the dirt, the whirr whirr of the wheels and tyres and a bit of chain slap on my modified chain protector... 

Current hub is a pro 4

Edited by Cptmayhem

I may be getting soft (okay, I am) but lately I find myself wishing for a silent rear hub. Just the noise of the trail, the tyres on the dirt, the whirr whirr of the wheels and tyres and a bit of chain slap on my modified chain protector...

Current hub is a pro 4

Same here. 90% of the time I love the sound of a Pro 4, but every now and then I find myself wishing for silence. Not enough to go an buy an XTR hub, but would be cool to experience a completely silent hub.

I guess the other option is just to mash the pedals hahaha

Same here. 90% of the time I love the sound of a Pro 4, but every now and then I find myself wishing for silence. Not enough to go an buy an XTR hub, but would be cool to experience a completely silent hub.

I guess the other option is just to mash the pedals hahaha

That's why I'm thinking of one of those sprag-clutch hubs in the future. 

Current hub is a pro 4

Add grease. Silences the Hopes up