2012 94.7

Agteros

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VA's rode quite negatively on the R28 - no one wanted to show their hand. Avg speed up to R28 was a shade under 40. If the pace was consistent I reckon 2:25 was on the cards. Anyways I guess it's more about the win then the time with the Vets.

Also a bit of a gripe, racing tandems got in the way with 6kms to go, they really should start after the racing vets.

I was very thankfull for that negative riding as I was just about hanging on for dear life, gave me a good opportunity to recover.

Aah u care, thats nice of you. Got some sick pics of froomy and Daryl. Will post all pics tomorrow. Next stop...DCw00t.gif

Just also a congrats to all of you who finished and who tried clap.gif Was really hot and windy out there

Langebaan pics as well please Capcha?

Hmm, my 13th consecutive 94.7 and my wife's 11th. We rode around together as we have done for the last 3 years and were happy to ride along on our own and just be together for a while doing something outdoors in the sun, I dont know if we will be back, God willing we will, but its not in our hands, and so now I just enjoy these simple days together and give thanks for a healthy body and someone to enjoy the day with.

Hmm, my 13th consecutive 94.7 and my wife's 11th. We rode around together as we have done for the last 3 years and were happy to ride along on our own and just be together for a while doing something outdoors in the sun, I dont know if we will be back, God willing we will, but its not in our hands, and so now I just enjoy these simple days together and give thanks for a healthy body and someone to enjoy the day with.

Nice perspective GoG

I never sat on a wheel once. Didnt really have an opportunity to do it. between 75 and the end the cramps didnt stop. I had the fitness but not the legs. Was embarressing, but could do nothing about it. Had 8 cramp block pills through the race, they had no effect at all

Eish what on earth for?

First ever 94.7 did a 3.50 on a mountain bike

SO true about the N14 been a killer was on track for a 3.30 then the N14!

Better time than I thought though!

Well organized event

Strangest thing happened to me today, was waiting for my girlfriend at the top of the hill on joe solo drive( I think) when a hooker came to me and offered me her "services" for which I respectfully declined..... Oh and some guy told me I had a nice bike and even better legs and that we should ride together....wtf?

Otherwise it was a horribly long day on the mtb, was the first time I had been on the bike since I broke my arm and collar bone, the wnd was a real killer

Not quite my worst day on a bike, but today came close.

Got dropped (from the bunch I was in at the time) on every hill, except heart break hill (perhaps it was the anticipation of the finish that helped there - of the speed I carried through from the prior descent).

Punctured shortly after the Lion Park intersection, only to find I hadn't packed a tyre lever.

Walked from there to the gazebo's just before the N14 on-ramp, hoping to get one there - with 8 or 9 bunches riding passed.

No such luck, but some nice tannie handed me a toolbox and said I should see what I could use.

1x flat screwdriver, a No 10 spanner, and 8 minutes later and I was on my way - plus a full water bottle of ice-cold water - big thumbs up to the ladies under the Rand Park gazebo.

post-1372-0-56379700-1353260526_thumb.png

Edited by geraldm24

Well done jhb loved it

Nice to see so many people supporting us in our stupidity and all the competitors never ceases to amaze me.

This race got me back in the saddle 3 years ago and I will always love it

Dangle that was me who called out your name as I flew past you just before Heartbreak Hill..

I only realized who it was once you were past.

I had to leave by 10:15 so missed a few peeps I was hoping to see.

JCZA looked great in that pink top thumbup1.gif

Eldron adn Iron looking like two twins.

I am trying to convince a group from the dojo to enter next year.