Dropper Posts: Things are hotting up

Iwan Kemp

712131999855.jpg

Nicer pic.... I haven't got one, but tried took Hairy's bike for a spin with it. Believe he imported it.  But ja, first thing I'm changing when getting rid of the shift..

Could also use an old bar end, just cut it shorter...

I want one. Where is the hairy one?

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok bike with post dropped and your secretary on it

no can do........ anyway I don't think with even the seat dropped if she could climb up onto the saddle......a little short you see

I forsee a problem. I'm running 2 x 10 so shifter is going to get in the way of this. Or am I missing something?

Recently did a three day stage race with lots of single track and lot's of changes in gradient, some of it atoms blind corners or short sharp switch back climbs at the end of a st techie descent.

My giant dropper post worked over time and preformed faultlessly every time. .......Also really appreciated the lindarets adaptor to run the std giant lever in a shifter fashion under the bars, it just made the ease of use so much better.

Besides the obvious usage of using a dropper on tech sections I also really appreciated being able to drop the saddle a couple of mm and being able to reduce the pressure on some tender parts towards the end of the race.

As mentioned by another in this thread, dropping the saddle on mild yet far descents does help with your best roadie aero impersonation and gets your body mass nice and low in the bike and giving you more confidence to just let the brakes of allowing the bike to just go.

Would never like to ride a mtb without a dropper post again, and should I ride a bike without one I most certainly will be stopping to drop the saddle by hand before descending.

This is where I'm at right now: Reverb in for service and before each downhill or tech section, i stop and lower seat on my "normal" seat post, then at the end of the aection, get off and lift it up.

Will never be able to ride without a dropper post, they're sublime

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have suggestions to better the 2014 Giant SL dropper switch?  feels like my cable is loose, but its not, and feels like I have to press hard to get it working.  Also, I have to help the knob back up otherwise the cable does not retract completely... which means the post does not click into its fully extended position.  The post then sags over bumps because of this.  I then have to press and help the knob back into position...

I don't know if all of that made any sense hey... :ph34r:

Anyone have suggestions to better the 2014 Giant SL dropper switch?  feels like my cable is loose, but its not, and feels like I have to press hard to get it working.  Also, I have to help the knob back up otherwise the cable does not retract completely... which means the post does not click into its fully extended position.  The post then sags over bumps because of this.  I then have to press and help the knob back into position...

Seen this happen to a friend. Replaced the cable + housing, problem went away.

Seen this happen to a friend. Replaced the cable + housing, problem went away.

Which cable and housing did he replace with?

New cable. If not, the actuator on the top of the cartridge may need a clean.