What do I do???

Wonder Woman

Today is the second time going up Henny Alberts on my way to work and seeing a black worker riding a stolen MTB.

The other day I saw a silver silverback and today a red and white Giant.

I'm so tempted to ride into the guy and take the bike back but that is not right and I'm too nervous to stop and confront them because it was originally taken by force and who says this guy will not get forceful with me.

So in all honesty, what should I do??

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Difficult accusation and assumption - what's to say his employer did not provide him with the bike due to an upgrade?

Today is the second time going up Henny Alberts on my way to work and seeing a black worker riding a stolen MTB.

I'm so tempted to ride into the guy and take the bike back but that is not right and I'm too nervous to stop and confront them because it was originally taken by force and who says this guy will not get forceful with me.

How do you know its stolen?

I mean we have development riders here who ride pretty nifty bikes but dress like hobos in their free time..

because it was originally taken by force

are you familiar with the bike that you know it was taken by force? i.e. someone you ride with - or is that an assumption?

If you know the bike then i would get a security company involved if you have seen the chap in the same place twice - or have their number on hand and call them and follow the chap. Getting the police involved might be an option but could be difficult

Look for a Armed Response guy from one of the alarm companies.They work on bonuses so they will help.

A simple phone call should sort out the whole thing,if he says it was given to him.....but......

If he starts with.....I got it from my brother/cousin....then you know...

Difficult accusation and assumption - what's to say his employer did not provide him with the bike due to an upgrade?

Umm same dude different bikes???? Worker.... for who ??? one of your workers, someone else's worker??...just a random worker???

Bike shop worker perhaps???.... do you know these bikes were stolen for a fact????

2 many variables??? 2 many questions..

Why do people automatically assume that when they see a black person riding a decent bike, it must be stolen. Those are very strong allegations to make. Case in point, my gardener rides a Merida TFS 500 which I gave him in order to commute to work and back.

Yeah, Wonder woman, you're making an awful lot of assumptions here.

Go with gummi's advice. In a case like this, his is about the only advice on this forum I'd trust.

Come on people get real !!!! WTF gives his gardener a Carbon Trek or whatever ? Oh wait let me also put some egg beaters onto his bike and why don't we also add some carbon bottle cages !!

Hey its a scum of the earth Silverback not a Carbon Trek

Why do people automatically assume that when they see a black person riding a decent bike, it must be stolen. Those are very strong allegations to make. Case in point, my gardener rides a Merida TFS 500 which I gave him in order to commute to work and back.

With egg beaters while he rides in takkies? :whistling:.

You go live in a shack in winter time, work for a stuck up white guy paying minimal wages, climb into a taxi to get around, have a open broken drop hole for a toilet infested with rodents, covered with aids and other diseases.

Had your family killed by whites in the previous 30 years.

Have all white people driving and living the high life in beautiful homes safe comfy warm clean homes

Steal a bike what a pleasure. dont blame them what do you do? be proactive! Create one job, do something small everyday if everybody helps just a little even a smile it goes a long way.

wake up have you been in their shoes?? whites killed them went into their locations and dragged them out shot them dead sisters mothers fathers..

you drive by in your ac vehicle with a well paid job, good home and judge someone riding a nice bike?

shame on you