Post your Pyga

PYGA1

1.98m... And feels like I have long arms. I have some Rapidé 780 bars I'm going to try first.

You don't have long arms.... you have F....ing long arms.... #just saying :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, I can't emphasis it enough. These are game changers. Sure, I'm a little biased, but I just can't believe how good the bike is. (Stage MAX here)

I also meant to ask you, what bottle cages are you guys recommending for the top tube? I've tried the bontrager RL, and it throws bottles lime it's on purpose! My mate uses the spez side entry cage with great results, but it says Specialized on it! (I'm not that fussed about spez, but keen to hear other options....)

Lezyne side entry cages? never tried them but they look like they might work - the Spaz cages definately work - I have one loose you can try Dom.

Lezyne side entry cages? never tried them but they look like they might work - the Spaz cages definately work - I have one loose you can try Dom.

I may never give it back if it works!

Seriously, I can't emphasis it enough. These are game changers. Sure, I'm a little biased, but I just can't believe how good the bike is. (Stage MAX here)

I also meant to ask you, what bottle cages are you guys recommending for the top tube? I've tried the bontrager RL, and it throws bottles lime it's on purpose! My mate uses the spez side entry cage with great results, but it says Specialized on it! (I'm not that fussed about spez, but keen to hear other options....)

Also have the Spez side cages on my Stage, done more than 20hrs riding (Pyga Line)with no issues.

Edited by ians

Got side entry Specialized on mine. Works very well, except for the cheap bottles you get in goodie bags.

Helicopter tape on the Max..... My first carbon bike, so learning slowly. Have noticed a few chips in the paint from stones on the rear of the seat post, so I'm guessing a line of Helicopter tape will stop this.

Other than that, done around 700 great km's on my bike!

Tom

So now it is nearly done. Wheels and drive train pretty much 100% dialed in as I want it. Shocks will definitely take a couple of rides to get it just right, but that is no worry. Also added the custom made green and black RockShox decals, even have Pyga printed on the decals. 

On the pic taken inside The Cobbles Shop the decals still had to be applied to the fork. 

Tomorrow we really ride. 

On Saturday I plan to do a long dirt road ride to see how it comfortable the Pyga platform really is. 

post-60570-0-05881200-1454442231_thumb.jpg

post-60570-0-00521400-1454442266_thumb.jpg

Edited by Traveler

We've got some Ryder partial side entry cages on the demo but I never use bottles so I don't know how well they hold them. We have advised clients to go for the Spez cages. One of the Stage owners told us he painted over the "S"  :ph34r:

You'll see a Spez side cage on my OneTen above, and you'll see them on all my MTB's. These things hold a bottle like almost no other and they are extremely durable. Not lost a single bottle in a couple of years after switching over to these.