Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how stable / effective are those bike stands?

They are okay. Not brilliant like the Feedback bike racks.

You could redesign them with a wider base - that would be better.

Fellow Pygaphiles - does anyone have any recommendations for a downtube (and general undercarriage) protector? I'm looking to keep paint chips and scratches to a minimum. 

Cheers

Fellow Pygaphiles - does anyone have any recommendations for a downtube (and general undercarriage) protector? I'm looking to keep paint chips and scratches to a minimum. 

Cheers

http://www.cwcycles.co.za/sites/default/files/styles/product_main_image/public/images/product/P%2ABIKE%20PROTECTION%2ABPALLM%2AALL%20MOUNTAIN%2AFRAME%20GUARD%20XL%2A%5E%2A%5E%2A%5E%2A%5E%2ABLACK_1.jpg?itok=_ULfLvac

http://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/all-mountain-frame-guard-xl

https://www.allmountainstyle.com/pages/ams-honeycomb-frame-guards

Guys, 

Looking to get a new bike soon. Currently on a Tallboy C, but want a longer travel trail bike.

Been looking at the Oneten with 130 Revelation or Onetwenty with 140 Revelation. (Large frame - 179cm height and inseam 77cm)

Questions:

1. I'm not the greatest climber, and therein lies my dilemma. I know the 650 will be better on the tight technical downs, but how does it handle climbs?

2. Frame size, currently on a large - 179cm height and inseam 77cm?

3. What your views on the new 2016 Stumpy 29er, 135 in the back, similar to the Stage Max?

Test road a mates Oneten down Conters lower level blue DH and it was amazing, felt very nimble and well planted.

So many choices!

Guys, 

Looking to get a new bike soon. Currently on a Tallboy C, but want a longer travel trail bike.

Been looking at the Oneten with 130 Revelation or Onetwenty with 140 Revelation. (Large frame - 179cm height and inseam 77cm)

Questions:

1. I'm not the greatest climber, and therein lies my dilemma. I know the 650 will be better on the tight technical downs, but how does it handle climbs?

2. Frame size, currently on a large - 179cm height and inseam 77cm?

3. What your views on the new 2016 Stumpy 29er, 135 in the back, similar to the Stage Max?

Test road a mates Oneten down Conters lower level blue DH and it was amazing, felt very nimble and well planted.

So many choices!

If you can go Stage MAX do it ;)

Max frame is around R38k. With the Rand being all over the place it might have changed a bit...

Rest of build is up to you, but you're looking at somewhere between R75k and R100k in total. 

A 110 build shouldn't be more than R40k if you shop around for parts. 

Tom

Max frame is around R38k. With the Rand being all over the place it might have changed a bit...

Rest of build is up to you, but you're looking at somewhere between R75k and R100k in total. 

A 110 build shouldn't be more than R40k if you shop around for parts. 

Tom

Thanks Tom. Bit rich for me, will look in the 110 range then.