Post your Pyga

PYGA1

On 12/20/2022 at 3:02 PM, Skott5 said:

I have an older 160mm travel adjust Pike and it's solid. Then again I probably don't have the talent to ride it to flexing point, but I did square edge a concrete block hidden in grass the other day that destroyed both front and back tyres and required some creative panel beating to straighten the rims. The Pike didn't flinch, and saved me that day, using all 160mm of travel to absorb what it could and the wheels had to cope with the rest.

You would actually be surprised how easily a fork will flex, when riding a rock garden or rough trail, it will likely be constantly flexing (even a tiny bit that is almost unnoticeable). Also when cornering, if you really rail a berm, it will have some lateral flex. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

So I'm not sure where to start, but since this is all Pyga owners, I thought this is a good place.

I want to service the pivots on my Hyrax, but after taking out some of the bolts on the seat stay arms, I noticed that the pivot isn't coming apart. There seems to be a bush in there and I'm not sure how to actually get it out to take apart the rear triangle.

I don't want to risk damage by forcing it out incorrectly. Can anyone help?

Looking at the exploded view, it's probably item 9 and 10, the clevis tophats.

I looked on the Pyga website, but they don't have anything aside from the torque value sheet.

20230109_203109.jpg

20230109_203048.jpg

20230109_203056.jpg

I disassembled my Hyrax on one occasion, there is no bushing in those links. Dom krag is all that is needed to pull it apart. Make sure the bearings in the rocker link are in there tight and not moving around

On 1/10/2023 at 7:19 AM, thebob said:

I disassembled my Hyrax on one occasion, there is no bushing in those links. Dom krag is all that is needed to pull it apart. Make sure the bearings in the rocker link are in there tight and not moving around

Thanks, I also spoke to someone at Pyga who confirmed that they just pulled apart once the bolts are out. I just used my hands to lever them apart and with a little bit of force they came apart. Managed to take apart all the bushings and o rings to clean it out.

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine got a Pyga off the Hub about a year ago. He absolutely loves it! 

We went for a ride this morning (Cape Town southern suburbs route, greenbelt etc and one rock garden in lower Kirstenbosch section, other side of Rhodes Drive). His rear triangle snapped right on the weld. Roadside repair got us home (tyre lever and a few cable ties). 

Will this be covered by warranty? If not, I guess it means a new rear triangle? Who is the Pyga agent in CPT? 

Edit: full service was done two days ago. 

IMG-20230225-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20230225-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20230225-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20230225-WA0005.jpg

Edited by Stephan

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

A friend of mine got a Pyga off the Hub about a year ago. He absolutely loves it! 

We went for a ride this morning (Cape Town southern suburbs route, greenbelt etc and one rock garden in lower Kirstenbosch section, other side of Rhodes Drive). His rear triangle snapped right on the weld. Roadside repair got us home (tyre lever and a few cable ties). 

Will this be covered by warranty? If not, I guess it means a new rear triangle? Who is the Pyga agent in CPT? 

IMG-20230225-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20230225-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20230225-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20230225-WA0005.jpg

Eish. Sorry to hear and see this. I don’t think warranty will cover this. But to be safe reach out to Pyga directly. 

Knipe racing in CT does Pyga.

Edited by Fred van Vlaanderen
Added detail

Curious why warranty wouldn't cover this? Not challenging, just asking. I have no idea how warranties work. The weld failed, so I would assume it's a factory issue. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Curious why warranty wouldn't cover this? Not challenging, just asking. I have no idea how warranties work. The weld failed, so I would assume it's a factory issue. 🤷‍♂️

Typically warranties only apply to the original owner.

Those brands that allow transfer to the second owner have very specific admin processes that you would have followed at the time of purchase.

On 2/21/2023 at 8:53 PM, KevinDS said:

Anyone here tried running a mullet setup on the Hyrax?

I have run it briefly on my slakline (same frame) and it feels pretty good. Still wanna take it for a proper ride, but I think it would be just fine in the high mode on the flip chip.

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

Also looks like an older bike, so it is most probably out of warranty either way.

On 10/10/2022 at 7:57 PM, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

Probably around the R80k range with SRAM Eagle I would guess. I think the framesets would be around R40k. 

Spot on for frame price!
Seems like reasonably good value.

The complete GX built is a bit more that you thought though.

https://beta.pygaindustries.com/product/tig-trail-downcountry/

I found myself going back to that page a few times, and then thinking about all the ways I could make this work...

XC or Triail
Painted or raw 

image.png.beb3f9ab2ec641218dabe70a9d784b25.png

Edited by splat

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 2:16 PM, Stephan said:

Edit: full service was done two days ago. 

IMG-20230225-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20230225-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20230225-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20230225-WA0005.jpg

Curious as to the end result of this?

10 hours ago, Falling Over said:

My new Tig in translucent black. 135mm Deluxe Ultimate and 150mm Pike Select+. Burgtec cockpit, GX groupset, SRAM G2 RSC brakes, with rest of the parts by Deed. DHR2 in 2.4 front and back.

What a bike. This thing is incredible. Climbs like a monster, and takes big hits like a champ.

20230407_075408~2.jpg

Amazing. Love the colour.

Edited by Fred van Vlaanderen