Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Did anyone put their large OneTen29 frame on a scale before building it up?

I see that the XL is 3.3kg

Oh, and what headset works with this frame?

The Pyga website says 44mm press-fit cup on top and a 52mm drop-in lower bearing

I think my large was 3kg

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on chaps we want impressions of how they ride!

I have been riding the PYGA now for a while,

I did about 200kms on a medium hardtail, used a large demo oneten for a few hundred kms, and have now done about 150kms on my medium ONETEN. I was riding a dual sys 26" before.

There are only two words to describe the PYGA. PHE NOMINAL

Throw anything at it,

Twisty single track, rocks, drop offs, berms, knarly climbs, rolling jeep track, miles and miles of district road, whatever, it just rides likes a beaut.

Pat has designed a bike that truly is great in many different types of riding that we do.

I have been riding the PYGA now for a while,

I did about 200kms on a medium hardtail, used a large demo oneten for a few hundred kms, and have now done about 150kms on my medium ONETEN. I was riding a dual sys 26" before.

There are only two words to describe the PYGA. PHE NOMINAL

Throw anything at it,

Twisty single track, rocks, drop offs, berms, knarly climbs, rolling jeep track, miles and miles of district road, whatever, it just rides likes a beaut.

Pat has designed a bike that truly is great in many different types of riding that we do.

So can you get Pat to config/retro fit the PYGA's suspension system for my Shova :whistling:

Hi All,

I have also just received my shiny new Zero29 frame.. Unfortunately for me the slow process of a component hunt now begins.. I have a question for the more informed masses. With the tapered head tube how much of a loss would it be to the bike if I was to settle for a non tapered fork?

Naturally a tapered fork will be first prize but in my quest to get onto the bike and my disposition of having slightly limited funds a non tapered fork might have to fill in for the time being.

Thanks and keep the pictures coming they are really motivating!

Cheers,

Doug

Received my "Easy Tiger" box yesterday containing my much anticipated OneTen large. I have the obvious bias of a brand new owner, but I must say I'm more impressed than I thought I'd be.

I love the overall look and design of the frame and the raw look is just up my street. Considering I do not own a bike that has paint on it, it would be. They really do mean raw though, there is not even a layer of lacquer on the frame, which I quite like.

Unlike TheV I love the head badge. I do have a thing about headbadges and must agree there's not much completes a good frame than a nice cast metal headbadge, but this one I do like. The idea comes from a vehicle's chassis plate with all the relevant data captured on it, so I like the originality.

I did have a close look at the welds and some may not look that great, but then again I think paint can hide a lot of things and as long as they don't look like mossie kuk and hold the bits together like they should then I'm not too fussy.

I weighed my large in at 3.278kg which is quite a porker and thus fits well with it's new owner!

I've only taken one pic so far - build will take some time still sadly....do note that serial number though!!

I have absolutely no idea what options I have for a gold headset and bottom bracket though, so if anyone has any ideas it would be great? Considering it's a BB92 pressfit bottom bracket I think they're all plastic, so not sure if there are any options at all really. Going with Ryanpmb's tappit theme - too nice not to....

post-20033-0-92951200-1345044203.jpg

Shrek?

Bahahaha! Doesn't go like Shrek, that's for sure. Hit the Cascades trails again this afternoon. Can't get over how the bike handles.

Received my "Easy Tiger" box yesterday containing my much anticipated OneTen large. I have the obvious bias of a brand new owner, but I must say I'm more impressed than I thought I'd be.

I love the overall look and design of the frame and the raw look is just up my street. Considering I do not own a bike that has paint on it, it would be. They really do mean raw though, there is not even a layer of lacquer on the frame, which I quite like.

Unlike TheV I love the head badge. I do have a thing about headbadges and must agree there's not much completes a good frame than a nice cast metal headbadge, but this one I do like. The idea comes from a vehicle's chassis plate with all the relevant data captured on it, so I like the originality.

I did have a close look at the welds and some may not look that great, but then again I think paint can hide a lot of things and as long as they don't look like mossie kuk and hold the bits together like they should then I'm not too fussy.

I weighed my large in at 3.278kg which is quite a porker and thus fits well with it's new owner!

I've only taken one pic so far - build will take some time still sadly....do note that serial number though!!

I have absolutely no idea what options I have for a gold headset and bottom bracket though, so if anyone has any ideas it would be great? Considering it's a BB92 pressfit bottom bracket I think they're all plastic, so not sure if there are any options at all really. Going with Ryanpmb's tappit theme - too nice not to....

Hi amasendeinja!!!

Congrats on the frame, it's awesome - #001 nogal - I'm jealous.

PS> My frame is growing on me.

I will post some pics of my JAGWIRE hoses and housings, might be just what you are looking for pimping your raw!!!

Nice bike, amasendeinja!

With you on the badge, it's pretty awesome to see all the info so easily as well.

Ps. You might just have the weirdest avatar I have ever seen...

Edited by javburg

any opinions or options on the headset?

The builds came with a Cane Creek setup. They look good and have a low profile on top. And work really well.

Ok, bursting a bit late onto this scene...but what are the expectes costs of (1) 29er duallie frame? (2)build kit?

Just ball park figures....

I'm in the mood for a lekka project and this might be right up my alley...

Ok, bursting a bit late onto this scene...but what are the expectes costs of (1) 29er duallie frame? (2)build kit?

Just ball park figures....

I'm in the mood for a lekka project and this might be right up my alley...

Current pricing on the 110 frame is around R16k. I believe only frames are available for sale now. You'd need to source the build kit yourself.

Ok, so have done about 200kms on my PYGA now and added a few little bits after the build kit.

Am really pleased how it has turned out.

You should be pleased with how it turned out. Very neat.