Roadie plonker!!

mrbaker

Well - now that I have everyones back up (except the mtb'ers)... :whistling:

This morning at 07:00 whilst driving home from squash - I rode past some roadie probably in his 50's riding on Michelle Avenue (JHB South) which is a very busy road - WITHOUT a helmet!!

I think he's mad - does he not hear about all the cycling deaths or perhaps he thinks he is taxi / car / bus / truck proof..??..

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good thing this isn't a French site. Many of the roadies there don't wear helmets.

Then again, French motorists are very patient and aware of cyclists on their roads.

I think i've seen that guy before on Michelle ave and the general area i once shouted where is your helmet but no response lol!

Well - now that I have everyones back up (except the mtb'ers)... :whistling:

This morning at 07:00 whilst driving home from squash - I rode past some roadie probably in his 50's riding on Michelle Avenue (JHB South) which is a very busy road - WITHOUT a helmet!!

I think he's mad - does he not hear about all the cycling deaths or perhaps he thinks he is taxi / car / bus / truck proof..??..

Did you wear protective eyewear during your game?

Did you wear protective eyewear during your game?

and a cup! don't forget the cup! Them squash balls are fast and hurt like heck when they make contact with human flesh!

There is always one...

One what?

I played first league at Parkview and was hit in the left eye by a **** who turned on the ball.

2 weeks in hospital and almost lost my eye

Answer the question.....

One what?

I played first league at Parkview and was hit in the left eye by a **** who turned on the ball.

2 weeks in hospital and almost lost my eye

Answer the question.....

There is always one person on the hub that will try and take a topic and make an arguement or point out of it.

I could say I was wearing protective eyewear - Maybe I wasn't...

That has nothing to do with the OP...

to remind us to wear helmets, and avoid old farts who dont.

Really? Nothing in the OP reminding us to wear helmets or avoid old people who do not. Just somebody making a point about someone who has elected not to wear a helmet when he rides. His head, his call.

Seriiously, if I wish to ride without without a helmet thats my decision. Not hurting anyone else - nothing to do with anybody else. Why is it an issue for you? You may think its stupid - it probably is. However that doesnt mean you can make an issue of it. Its still my choice. Having spent a good few years living in a nanny state (England) I know what its like when "health and safety nazis" take over and squeeze all the fun out of life.