RANT: Cape Town City cycle lanes

Hairy

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Bernard Horn said:

Newly erected on cycle lane in Paardeneiland to protect a drain cover.Excuse the urinator behind the cage

20220420_070117-1.jpg

That is not a cage, it's the latest see-through container specially designed for Saffas. It allows thieves and looters to see what is inside so they don't have to waste time breaking into containers with low value items inside.

10 hours ago, Bernard Horn said:

Newly erected on cycle lane in Paardeneiland to protect a drain cover.Excuse the urinator behind the cage

20220420_070117-1.jpg

Someone spent a fair amount of time designing that to fit around that ledge, its not like its a random stock cage just dropped off, its custom made (or at least modified on site?) for that exact location an no one considered the bike lane?

On 10/31/2021 at 6:08 AM, Mamil said:

The DA.... Getting **** done

Funny how people like Cameron (that gun guy) say that the Western Cape is so well run. Yet, over the past 15 years it has in many many ways gone backwards.

The DA is just the best of the worst.

Edited by M L

im not so convinced this is council work lol. My spidey senses immediately told me :

What and who is this here (red arrow). That cover is access to something other than a drain imo. The size of it implies that a person can easily walk down there. The cage also hints at this. Thats access into something going under something else imo. And something happened recetly that caused them to put that up.  And because that piece of road is basically only accessible for the my city busses and cyclist that dont really use it anymore...no one cares.  

Also...if it isnt their handy work....they should be pretty miffed about council giving the skollies a nice platform for getting over their boundary wall?

20220420_070117-1.jpg.64d0e05d50b223f013a80d4160c8de2a.jpg

Edited by MORNE

who's up for giving them a call?

PS...also the only 'drain cover' of this size/position/type on that section. defo not something generic/standard?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by MORNE

2 hours ago, DJR said:

Sheesh, I'm going to be way more careful next time I dig a hole in my backyard to bury someone. 😜

Might I recommend you rent a .... oh wait a second, I only heard from a friend that allegedly there are some creative ways to resolve your gardening challenge

4 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Might I recommend you rent a .... oh wait a second, I only heard from a friend that allegedly there are some creative ways to dissolve your gardening challenge

👀

On 4/21/2022 at 9:17 AM, M L said:

Funny how people like Cameron (that gun guy) say that the Western Cape is so well run. Yet, over the past 15 years it has in many many ways gone backwards.

The DA is just the best of the worst.

I'd like to see any political party anywhere in the world run the Western Cape to a first world standard (which is what everyone wants). With the massive influx of people from other provinces, coupled with huge unemployment and the brazen criminal mindset of a large portion of the inhabitants, I'm not really sure what people expect them to do better.

On 4/21/2022 at 11:03 AM, MORNE said:

im not so convinced this is council work lol. My spidey senses immediately told me :

What and who is this here (red arrow). That cover is access to something other than a drain imo. The size of it implies that a person can easily walk down there. The cage also hints at this. Thats access into something going under something else imo. And something happened recetly that caused them to put that up.  And because that piece of road is basically only accessible for the my city busses and cyclist that dont really use it anymore...no one cares.  

Also...if it isnt their handy work....they should be pretty miffed about council giving the skollies a nice platform for getting over their boundary wall?

20220420_070117-1.jpg.64d0e05d50b223f013a80d4160c8de2a.jpg

Loving the detective work here! 😂

• 1 month later...

First commute in a long time.Felt good .Took the cycle/ trash lane in to CT and FW de Klerk highway back.Marine dr Paardeneiland is a nightmare with lots of container trucks parked just inside the yellow line.Pretty scary

20220523_083617.jpg

20220523_160517-1.jpg

Had to drop the petrol guzzler for a service very early this morning in Montague Gardens. Coming back I saw a cyclist on the shoulder of the N1 going into town, opposite Century City. In the dark with no lights...............some people really play for the Darwin Awards and no amount of cycle lanes will cure them ! 

It's a new informal, lock up and go,  housing experiment. Just bring your tarpaulin and cardboard boxes.

9 hours ago, Oodles said:

It's a new informal, lock up and go,  housing experiment. Just bring your tarpaulin and cardboard boxes.

......................Ablutions anywhere you feel like, rubbish bin 360 degrees around, no need to clean up, rob, steal, loot and pilfer for luxuries and necessities alike, use and sell drugs, you have all the rights to do whatever you like...............and I'm just talking about my own little neck of the law abiding woods!

• 1 month later...