RANT: Cape Town City cycle lanes

Hairy

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/6/2022 at 7:25 PM, Hairy said:

Nice work man .... pro tip .... a block brush works well and can fit IN your bag.Academy  Whitewash+border Paint Brush picture 1

AKA hairy brush?

Gatvol of rubbish along cycle lane in Paardeneiland.Take back the cycle lane.Please put pressure on Paardeneiland City Improvement District,Miciti,CT Transport dept,Pedal Power etc etc

20220717_145255.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Right after the famous 💩-pipe jump that I hop twice a day even on sundays and public holidays, there were these two vehicules (possibly mechanical issue) then another car a few hundred meters later that was abandonned half on the road half on the cycle path

7E910598-4F31-4521-B99D-4975C8ECFAB9.jpeg

Edited by Jbr

7 minutes ago, Hairy said:

At least we are not this badWhat An Informative Sign

Have you ridden the path in the pavement on sandown road ? It’s exactly like that 😝

• 3 weeks later...

A total disregard for cyclists.  This is a regular occurrence all over the bike path.  Really disappointing attitude from the city's service providers, contractors etc.

On a different note; this morning I had to swerve to miss a motorbike (no, it was not an ebike) on my way into Cape Town, and nogals riding on the wrong side of the bike path i.e. coming directly for me at speed... WTF?

I gave him my best army voice uitk@k parade shout, and he left the bike path soon thereafter, but really...  

30 minutes ago, The Commuter said:

A total disregard for cyclists.  This is a regular occurrence all over the bike path.  Really disappointing attitude from the city's service providers, contractors etc.

On a different note; this morning I had to swerve to miss a motorbike (no, it was not an ebike) on my way into Cape Town, and nogals riding on the wrong side of the bike path i.e. coming directly for me at speed... WTF?

I gave him my best army voice uitk@k parade shout, and he left the bike path soon thereafter, but really...  

these checkers 60 and uber bikes honestly  think the cycle lanes are for them though. Considering most of them are from norther african countries where paved roads are s luxury…i can get why. 

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

https://www.capetown.gov.za/City-Connect/Have-your-say/Issues-open-for-public-comment/proposed-upgrade-of-voortrekker-road-corridor-in-maitland

I only see this now that comments are closed, but the intention is still to provide commuter access. Plenty of side streets could work better here to be honest.

I was there today…during loadshedding or whatever. What a clusterf@ck🤣. And as i stood in the line waiting my turn to be shafted by taxis running  the dead lights and not bothering with 4 way stop etiquette, a man on a spez mtb almost got run over twice in the space of 50m… 

15 hours ago, MORNE said:

I was there today…during loadshedding or whatever. What a clusterf@ck🤣. And as i stood in the line waiting my turn to be shafted by taxis running  the dead lights and not bothering with 4 way stop etiquette, a man on a spez mtb almost got run over twice in the space of 50m… 

Anyone cycling Voortrekker Rd through that section on a week day, is much braver (or, more likely, even dumber) than me.🤪