TokaiMTB: Table Mountain MTB Forum (TMMTB)

(Deon)

Is it true that the activity card can only be bought mon-fri during office hours? Also where can i get one please? I know there is a office in tokai but wont make it in time even if i leave work early

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true that the activity card can only be bought mon-fri during office hours? Also where can i get one please? I know there is a office in tokai but wont make it in time even if i leave work early

You can also get it at Simon's Town Tourist Information Center. They are open at weekends from 9am - 1pm I believe. So maybe go for a Peninsula ride and bring your 2 passport pics with you :-)

You can also get it at Simon's Town Tourist Information Center. They are open at weekends from 9am - 1pm I believe. So maybe go for a Peninsula ride and bring your 2 passport pics with you :-)

Awesome thanks. This is very helpful

They're at the white building with the big I in a green circle on it just after the Jubilee Square parking area, not the building listed as their address on their website.  I walked around in circles two weeks ago looking for it...

Table Mountain Bikers:

...It is especially important,when we get access to a trail in Newlands Forest, Kirstenbosch and Cecilia Forest....

...Transit routes to get to Hout Bay,the Greenbelts and further on,Tokai...

This wasn't a route in the proposed EMP (only spoken about as a possibility in the text) - the route over above Kirstenbosch.  Has this been sorted out / approved / worked out in the meantime?  I really really hope that it has!  Coming from Rhodes Mem side to get back to the greenbelts has always been a slog along the road.  Avoiding that would be a massive win!

I really really really want to see the updated trail maps!!

Kirstenbosch also make them on the weekends.

There are also a few Cape Towm Tourism vans which cruise around the peninsula (one stops in Muizenberg all the time) which have full activity/green card making fascilities including a laminator that works.

There are plenty of ways to get your card outside of office hours/on the weekend.

People just like to moan

This wasn't a route in the proposed EMP (only spoken about as a possibility in the text) - the route over above Kirstenbosch.  Has this been sorted out / approved / worked out in the meantime?  I really really hope that it has!  Coming from Rhodes Mem side to get back to the greenbelts has always been a slog along the road.  Avoiding that would be a massive win!

I really really really want to see the updated trail maps!!

As I understand it, the K Bosch route is a reality already i.e agreed to if not signposted yet. Not sure about Newlands forest yet. So good to be able to ride away from the noisy smelly vehicles...

Kirstenbosch also make them on the weekends.

There are also a few Cape Towm Tourism vans which cruise around the peninsula (one stops in Muizenberg all the time) which have full activity/green card making fascilities including a laminator that works.

There are plenty of ways to get your card outside of office hours/on the weekend.

People just like to moan

Never knew this, always walk past the one standing at surfers corner :thumbup:

Never knew this, always walk past the one standing at surfers corner :thumbup:

yeah... they have it all set up in the back of the van.

Pretty handy as they are there most weekends all day leading up into and through season.

My card expires on the 30th of December so will be using them to renew it.

Need some help here! :mellow:

I am staying in Tokai visiting my folks and was hoping to do some riding while down here. Only see now that the trails in Tokai are closed.

Can you guys suggest anywhere else I can go out and get in a few trails that is close to Tokai?

Need some help here! :mellow:

I am staying in Tokai visiting my folks and was hoping to do some riding while down here. Only see now that the trails in Tokai are closed.

Can you guys suggest anywhere else I can go out and get in a few trails that is close to Tokai?

Green belts, Table Mountain, Hout Bay, Chris Nixon's bike park on Constantia Uitsig Wine Farm, BlackHill. 

Hi Myles,

Thanks for the answer, do you need a pass for these areas, green belts, Hout Bay and Black hill or can I just go riding?

Is there anywhere I can find a map or something of these trails? I found something on tablemountain website but it doesnt have downloadable GPX files.

• 2 weeks later...

From the TokaiMTB Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/tokaimtb/posts/569587733234979

It's official! The new mountain bike routes as presented in the revised 2016 mountain bike Environmental Management Plan are officially open for riding.

With either a day permit or annual card, you now have every right to be on the same trails as walkers and walkers with dog but courtesy is still vital! Slow for pedestrians and be cautious of not startling animals whether on a leash or not. Maybe it's also best to keep your speed in check due to the many blind corners mixed into some steep and rocky descents... there will definitely be some portage but there is no shame in walking.

Thanks to Amarider, Table Mountain Bikers and PPA for assisting in this painfully slow process. While it has taken several years to complete it is at least a process that has offered the most reward since mountain biking came to Table Mountain. You are really going to enjoy it, the views are spectacular!

The web link included in this post will take you to the maps on the TokaiMTB website and support the signage that is already in the ground. There is very little chance of being lost so don't rely on this as an excuse should you be found riding where you may not. It is important that we respect the few rules as most of what has been achieved in this document is made in good faith.
One note on routes: the Pipe Track is unfortunately closed for repairs and be warned, it is undergoing major reconstruction so expect this to be out of action for a while.

Enjoy!