Who is riding a 650b?

Vetseun

sorry agent to bum off your post but ive got a 26"HT bike at home doing nothing. only doing marathons at the moment so using the 29r, you guys and gals think it will be worth converting the 26" HT to a 650B????

No. If it's already sitting there doing nothing, fitting new wheels that will only compromise original design is not going to help.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannondale Factory Rider Jeremiah Bishop (Eleven-Time Member of USA National Team) on his 650b equiped bike.

http://www.bikemag.com/files/2011/01/wpid-Bishop_650B.jpg

snBB is riding a Specialized Epic 2010 with 650b wheelset.

And I'm busy building one up, just about got everything, waiting for Pyga to now just launch the frame.

G

Ok so can I accept that if I build up a 650 b that I will be the only hubber riding one?

Please I need to make a decision and would appreciate some feedback on the 650b experience.

Hehe.. I see It does.. Maybe I dont need a new bike after all wink.png

I dont however however beleve this doesnt make a difference to how the bike rides ? (besides bigger wheels)

I'd like to know..

By the way which fox forks work? or are all 32Fox 26'' lowers from the same mould?

post-1279-0-59035900-1351509098_thumb.jpg

Wonder If my Zula will take bigger wheels..huh.png

I've heard of a few conversions that were successful. You are limited with tyre choice, but you at least have the options to put your 26" hoops back on for the big climb races and the wet ones.

Im gonna do it. Ill post a pic of the finished product by Wednesday. Keep the comment coming it is interesting to see the different opinions.

I've heard of a few conversions that were successful. You are limited with tyre choice, but you at least have the options to put your 26" hoops back on for the big climb races and the wet ones.

this guy whos bike is in the pic, rode 2.3's with it. I ride 2.1 in spez fasttracks (which by the way I guess I wont get anymore..mm)

Keen to try it. I might actually take my hope hubs and simply build it onto different rims.

Will have to postpone this then, my back pocket is kinda thin already! whistling.gif

Edited by JA-Q001

I am in the process of converting my zula. I broke my fork last week, so hoping to put a fox 120mm on it. I'm a little worried about the tire hitting the crown, but all the users on mtbr dont seem to have any issues, so i will go ahead.

The only problem is the wheels. I want the new am classics all mountains, but they are not out yet, so will wait until Jan if I have to, no rush right now.

I am seriously contemplating getting a 650b mtb.

Any hubbers riding one? Would appreciate your opinions.

Where you based lad? What size are you? Ive got one you can try if you want to give it a whirl on a 19"

Buycycle have rims, they don't have spokes,

CWC have everything

Easybike will have multiple Schwalby tyres by the end of the week.

G

I'm on a epic with 650b wheels. It's better than my 26er but not as good as a 29er for marathons. Good way to save money if you want something new.