Team 360Life Suspension: David George busted

Jules

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok,

problem, his supporters will still support the shop, the other normal walk ins that don't know the community will still walk in, the loss will be the non supporters, thats in the community, they will boycott the shop, so what percentage is this to be, and can that amount be accommodated on the books in a area like Plet?

but then, did any of these non supporters use the shop to start with?

G

Owns it with his dad.

ok,

problem, his supporters will still support the shop, the other normal walk ins that don't know the community will still walk in, the loss will be the non supporters, thats in the community, they will boycott the shop, so what percentage is this to be, and can that amount be accommodated on the books in a area like Plet?

but then, did any of these non supporters use the shop to start with?

G

I very much doubt the shop will be boycotted. Kevin is a very popular rider - both in SA and especially in his hometown. This is not the end of him. I mean, do you think the Cape Epic would drop Dr Evil because of his relation to Kevin?

are riders tested for PEDS at Cape Epic. are only licensed riders tested or are all participants open to being tested.

Hi

Nope, he will have the shop, but consider his current budget, he surely get some sort of salary atm from Nedbank, and income from the sponsors, if he is pulled down because of DG actions and then he looses all of this, and ye he will still have the shop income, but honestly, if you had 2 businesses, and you style of living was based on the combined income and you suddenly loose one, ye you'll survive, after some very fast budget shuffling around, but it won't be the same.

G

I very much doubt the shop will be boycotted. Kevin is a very popular rider - both in SA and especially in his hometown. This is not the end of him. I mean, do you think the Cape Epic would drop Dr Evil because of his relation to Kevin?

KE doesn't have to say anything of course. Far as I know he has never been accused of taking peds or tested positive.

On the other side he is a sponsored pro and exists as such because of sponsors and the sponsors back him as a marketing vehicle in order to sell goodies to people like us. With all the rumors swirling around regarding doping and the professed desire to clean up the sport would it not be smart of KE to make a statement?

At the moment his silence is deafening.

All this talk about supporting Kevin and supporting Nedbank. In order for Nedbank to continue Kevin needs to step up to the plate and denounce his team mate. If he cant do that then I for one am not interested in supporting him or Nedbank. The message needs to be clear. He wasn't involved, he had no knowledge and most importantly that he is all for drug free sport, full dosclosures and transparency. Until that happens what makes you think he isn't prepared to lie to protect himself, his family and his income?

All this talk about supporting Kevin and supporting Nedbank. In order for Nedbank to continue Kevin needs to step up to the plate and denounce his team mate. If he cant do that then I for one am not interested in supporting him or Nedbank. The message needs to be clear. He wasn't involved, he had no knowledge and most importantly that he is all for drug free sport, full dosclosures and transparency. Until that happens what makes you think he isn't prepared to lie to protect himself, his family and his income?

maybe he is not prepared to lie and hence has resoundingly STFU about it

and whats make you think denouncing DG, and stating he had no knowledge might not be a lie either.

I'm not saying he knew, or that he did not know.

in the end, is he clean, yes, then end of subject, get him a team mate, get him a sponsor,

in the end DG has confessed he took EPO, to clean the sport, don't remove the sponsor, remove the rider, permanently, as said before, make it to risky, to costly to even consider it, this is where someone like SS also needs to support such a attitude, giving the offender a SS presenter role the next day just changes his source of income, he needs to be removed from the community, sport fraternity completely.

G

Come to think about it, he has lost his income unless he steps up and kicks the dopers in the proverbial nuts.

Hey, I know, after I posted that I thought, "What if denouncing DG is just a show..." It's an impossible situation I suppose. Either way. He has to come forward and make a statement to that effect. Keeping quiet is a terrible strategy.

A quick read showed they test for the presence of EPO both directly (blood and urine test), but I am not sure how, and indirectly through the red blood cell count (50 being the cut off).

Is this correct ?

A quick read showed they test for the presence of EPO both directly (blood and urine test), but I am not sure how, and indirectly through the red blood cell count (50 being the cut off).

Is this correct ?

The red cell count would give them an indication of EPO usage or blood doping, then targeted tests would be done.

I will never compete at the top level so it is ultimately inconsequential.

On the contrary, I think that the consequences of this reach far beyond the top level, ultimately cyphering down to participation at all levels of sport.

Cycling is the fastest growing participation sport in the world and along with this it has become irrationally competitive at all levels. To reiterate pervious comments by Anton, Rouxtjie, Showtime and Dangle; these days even at the smallest races in Gat-sonder-rand you not only compete against strong legs but oversized egos, driven by their local club “racing team” who scrutinize Racetec results on a Monday as if it were the JSE.

I suspect that you would be unpleasantly surprized by the amount of amateur riders lining up next to you at 94.7 who are on EPO or some kind of performance enhancing juice….Just a thought.

The red cell count would give them an indication of EPO usage or blood doping, then targeted tests would be done.

This is correct as mention by Jeroen Swart. Deviation from values in passport will result in testing.