weekly tss score

fandacious

I started my taper for Berg and Bush last week :-)

TSS 793 IF 0.85

This was the plan

Monday = rest

Tuesday
MS: Do 2 x 20minutes with watts below Threshold, right about 285-295watts…with 10 minutes rest between each. 
Also do 20 little bursts for 10seconds each to 370w. Out of the saddle and ‘burst’ with cadence to 110, maybe only one gear shift. Rest for 50seconds between each.
Finish with Do also 3 x 5minutes- all-out , setting a goal to hold 285-295watts for the entire effort, with 5 minutes between each… Just hammer these!!!

Wednesday
WU: 20 minutes warm-up
MS: Then do (6) x 2 minutes striving for 135% with 1 minute rest between each,
Then 5 minutes easy,
Then 6 x 1 minute, striving for 150% with 1 minute rest, 
Then 5 minutes easy 
and finish with 6 x 30 seconds ALL out with 1 minute rest….. 
CD: Cool down for 15 minutes of easy spinning.
Try for at least 200% of your threshold watts on each sprint as an average. SHOOT for 350% of threshold watts as your max in the last 6 sprints.

Thursday
1.5hours with 3 x 1 minutes hard, with at least 5 minutes of easy riding between each. Also do 3 x 30 seconds hard sprints, with 5 minutes between. Rest is just easy and cruising.

Friday = rest

Saturday
3.0 hours- Tempo and AC bursts...
Start out at a nice endurance pace for 60minutes andJust riding and doing 1 hour of effort at watts of 230-270. Smooth and steady, and then in the 2nd hour, pick up the intensity to 250-290w. 
Then do 15 bursts within this hour to watts of 350 for 30seconds and then come back to watts of 250-290 and NOT lower!!!! Finish the last hour, by attacking 8 hills and sprinting OVER the top. Don't just make the crest the top. The "REAL" top is 15m over the crest. 
Cool-down for 20minutes.

Sunday = rest

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started my taper for Berg and Bush last week :-)

TSS 793 IF 0.85

This was the plan

Monday = rest

Tuesday

MS: Do 2 x 20minutes with watts below Threshold, right about 285-295watts…with 10 minutes rest between each. 

Also do 20 little bursts for 10seconds each to 370w. Out of the saddle and ‘burst’ with cadence to 110, maybe only one gear shift. Rest for 50seconds between each.

Finish with Do also 3 x 5minutes- all-out , setting a goal to hold 285-295watts for the entire effort, with 5 minutes between each… Just hammer these!!!

Wednesday

WU: 20 minutes warm-up

MS: Then do (6) x 2 minutes striving for 135% with 1 minute rest between each,

Then 5 minutes easy,

Then 6 x 1 minute, striving for 150% with 1 minute rest, 

Then 5 minutes easy 

and finish with 6 x 30 seconds ALL out with 1 minute rest….. 

CD: Cool down for 15 minutes of easy spinning.

Try for at least 200% of your threshold watts on each sprint as an average. SHOOT for 350% of threshold watts as your max in the last 6 sprints.

Thursday

1.5hours with 3 x 1 minutes hard, with at least 5 minutes of easy riding between each. Also do 3 x 30 seconds hard sprints, with 5 minutes between. Rest is just easy and cruising.

Friday = rest

Saturday

3.0 hours- Tempo and AC bursts...

Start out at a nice endurance pace for 60minutes andJust riding and doing 1 hour of effort at watts of 230-270. Smooth and steady, and then in the 2nd hour, pick up the intensity to 250-290w. 

Then do 15 bursts within this hour to watts of 350 for 30seconds and then come back to watts of 250-290 and NOT lower!!!! Finish the last hour, by attacking 8 hills and sprinting OVER the top. Don't just make the crest the top. The "REAL" top is 15m over the crest. 

Cool-down for 20minutes.

Sunday = rest

@ Sasquatch:

Do you/your coach call this taper? I will arrive - broken in pieces - at a race if I taper like this.

What does you normal training look like?

For how long do you sustain this sort of load?

Are you riding Elite?

Impressive.

@ Sasquatch:

Do you/your coach call this taper? I will arrive - broken in pieces - at a race if I taper like this.

What does you normal training look like?

For how long do you sustain this sort of load?

Are you riding Elite?

Impressive.

Sadly I am not Elite, we are busy following  a 8 week plan, after that we will start a new plan for Epic. Looks good to peak on Friday for the race :-)

post-26994-0-53959300-1412754270_thumb.png

Edited by Sasquatch

Sadly I am not Elite, we are busy following  a 8 week plan, after that we will start a new plan for Epic. Looks good to peak on Friday for the race :-)

Thanks for the graph. Quite a steep rise in CTL (about 7 points/week) since mid Sept.  'The taper looks good.  TSB coming back nicely. You will be strong. Go and enjoy.

450ish TSS

IF 0.79

Come back after illness spell

Time to ramp up them watts count for the DC  :ph34r:

New job with its commitments, pedals send to Garmin, 3 weeks no bike, 2 weddings, one 30th and an engagement party = lotsa beer.

Lets see if I can get on a bike tomorrow morning.

Listened to the body, for a change, and made it a recovery week:

TSS - 211.9

IF - 0.77

Did my first Watt bike session on Monday morning - watt a way to start the week #hurtbox

New job with its commitments, pedals send to Garmin, 3 weeks no bike, 2 weddings, one 30th and an engagement party = lotsa beer.

Lets see if I can get on a bike tomorrow morning.

Eish!

Just wondering with the collective PM knowledge here what would you guys think of this PMC? Considering that I am not training or peaking for anything specific just like to keep my fitness up and have a comfortable 94.7 road and MTB .....

post-271-1413883008,6167.jpg