weekly tss score

fandacious

Thanks G for the feedback.  Yes GC has a stress graph which will highlight matches burnt.  I presume this is what you mean by visual matches?  The stress chart shows your W'Bal drop off and how you burnt the matches and where 

Point in case.

This weekends MTB race Pta East

Or then Rooiwal into the break for 3 laps.

Bleh

post-25-0-19466600-1516622225_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-47982300-1516622376_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you determine the Tau for your W'Bal calculation?

I can't seem to find clear instructions... 

For Tau, on the Stress chart I look at all of the rides for the last month, it will give the Tau for each ride. Average them for the month going forward.

Also struggled to find clear instructions on how to interpret this or to input an exact figure.... so use the average of all my rides and workout 

For Tau, on the Stress chart I look at all of the rides for the last month, it will give the Tau for each ride. Average them for the month going forward.

Also struggled to find clear instructions on how to interpret this or to input an exact figure.... so use the average of all my rides and workout 

Thanks for the explanation.

Didn't realise you could get the Tau for a ride, some experimentation is due.

Thanks for the explanation.

Didn't realise you could get the Tau for a ride, some experimentation is due.

Look at stress charts highlighted here https://the5krunner.com/2016/01/22/wbal-much-need-cycling-metric/

Bottom left hand red writing, first calculation is the Tau for the ride.

So if I average all of my training rides, workouts and racing Tau's for a month just done it should be a good indicator of my approx Tau for the month going forward and to which I can update on a monthly basis

Edited by shaper

Thanks G for the feedback. Yes GC has a stress graph which will highlight matches burnt. I presume this is what you mean by visual matches? The stress chart shows your W'Bal drop off and how you burnt the matches and where

I’ll post a few screenshots when I get home - currently away on a business trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Thanks G for the feedback.  Yes GC has a stress graph which will highlight matches burnt.  I presume this is what you mean by visual matches?  The stress chart shows your W'Bal drop off and how you burnt the matches and where 

I’ll post a few screenshots when I get home - currently away on a business trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, forgot to update my post... here's my match finder/visual matches from the Ride for Sight.

post-1372-0-75189900-1519588901_thumb.png

post-1372-0-90297900-1519588915_thumb.png

I am not sure how to measure all this stuff and trainingpeaks looks like just another app to eat my data and confuse me futher... so here is my take:

Time:

not sure exactly but roughly 5-6 days a week and 1.5 - 2hrs at a time mostly indoor trainer since I leave for work too early and come home too late.

Maybe 10hrs a week... and some weeks 12-13 if there was your average 100km 3hr effort.

TSS: Training stress - sounds suspect - as training is my stress reliever. But if its about how hard the training was - Ek het heel week @fgek@k elke week.

Zwift on average says anything between 105 to 150 TSS but cannot seem to give me totals and at that point I am way too wasted to be jotting anything down - Fittrack seems to think I am making progress in terms of the fitness points on there.

IF: Yes IF I knew I would share.

Does everyone use trainingpeaks or is there others that work. Tried Golden Cheeta but I had to have it put down since we didn't get along either.

Edited by s14phoenix

... After B&B I took a 2 week break, well it became 3 weeks, took a CTL dive, but was happy with it...

Then since 1st week in December have been putting in time, effort, got CTL up from 32 back to 50, by mid Jan, good on the way to a 60 by end Jan, (included was also a FTP bump of 10watt)...

And then my two 2 leg petty dishes, aka young children at crèche came home with bugs, big green nasty fckers...

Got the snot sickte... been off the bike for 2.5 weeks again, CTL dropped down to 40.

Hoping to start again tomorrow, but at the moment can feel not 100%, tried last week and got knocked back down.

G

My TSS mostly is between 350 and 550 per week. I don't really have more time to ride and I cant really spend all the time I do have to ride at IF of 90+

So can one actually get some good fitness with this range of TSS or is it just about enough to maintain a level that is not really here nor there?

My TSS mostly is between 350 and 550 per week. I don't really have more time to ride and I cant really spend all the time I do have to ride at IF of 90+

So can one actually get some good fitness with this range of TSS or is it just about enough to maintain a level that is not really here nor there?

It depends on what you are going for. My average TSS per week since the beginning of the year is about 390 (in around 6 hours per week) and that has managed to get me to a seeding index of 29. And a CTL of 51. This is coming from a base of almost 0 because I spent 2 months doing nothing after breaking my wrist and my face at the beginning of November.

But as I already said, it all really depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you want to get into A batch or do Iron Man its probably not enough