Linden Bike missing

Linden Cycles

What a douchebag you are!!!!

care to elaborate on your statement? i was merely highlighting that:

a. linden cycles experienced problems in terms of their "try before you buy" process

b. they failed to correct it after i highlighted to them that I needed to replace two bikes urgently and was milling to spend some $$$ since two of my bikes were stolen

c. given the information this shouldn't come as a surprise

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a. linden cycles experienced problems in terms of their "try before you buy" process

b. they failed to correct it after i highlighted to them that I needed to replace two bikes urgently and was milling to spend some $$$ since two of my bikes were stolen

Yeah, but how does the admin problem they had which led to to a simple double booking, relate to the fact that they subsequently became the victims of a crime ?

Our very family orientated business has worked on mutual trust for many years .....

Thank you,

Linden Cycle

Is it not perhaps arrogant of someone to expect a business to change their longstanding business model, because of a admin stuff-up that inconvenienced him?

I have read your original complaint and fail to see how taking your well considered and no doubt patiently explained advice to implement a booking system would have prevented someone from stealing a bike.

To the outside world, it may appear "douchbaggish" to ascribe their current misfortune to not taking your unrelated advice to heart .

Ps. I agree they should have a diary of booked loans and for all i know they now have one. Still doesn't stop someone from scaling a bike though.......

Edited by eddy

Sure.....why not elaborate for you.....here ya go

Douchebag may refer to: A device used to administer a douche; A pejorative term for an arrogant or obnoxious person;

As pointed out by eddy, your tone and post smacks of arrogance,

Here endth the lesson.

Douchebag may refer to: A device used to administer a douche; A pejorative term for an arrogant or obnoxious person;

Here endth the lesson.

This is a bit harsh!!!!

I agree with cowboylegs - if you don't properly document the details of the borrower - you are most certainly going to lose track of the bicycles leaving your shop.

Double booking a bike is a perfect example of not documenting such details....

This is a bit harsh!!!!

I agree with cowboylegs - if you don't properly document the details of the borrower - you are most certainly going to lose track of the bicycles leaving your shop.

Double booking a bike is a perfect example of not documenting such details....

Although they are a family orientated business in todays current economic times one has to save guard themselves against unscrupulous people !!

Once bitten twice shy !!

Here endth the lesson.

Well done - now you're the one that sounds like a Douchebag...

You don't think your tone smacks of arrogance?

Edited by mrbaker

Well done - now you're the one that sounds like a Douchebag...

You don't think your tone smacks of arrogance?

+1

I'm really sorry for Linden Cylces, but long gone are the days where thieves look or dress like thieves. Criminals today are sophisticated and drive X5's and live in Sandton, Blouberg

Think Wendy Mechanik, Bernie Madoff.. AJ Brown..

There are still a lot of honest folk out there and probably 95% of Lindens clients are honest and trustworthy, but sadly suppliers have to treat everyone like criminals today due to the small 5% that would think nothing of stealing a product.

Its a sad reflection on the times, but, I hope it doesn't deter them from offering a loan or test product because I think it is a needed service,...... maybe just tighten up a little on the paperwork? - most clients will understand.

Easy up chaps - there could be a legitamate reason. BMX X5's are normally the preserve of professional thieves (the government) - the amateurs are normally less flush. A woman in an X5 is more soccer mom than career thief.

I reckon they'll have their bike back in a week with a Sandton style "I was soooo busy having my nails done and breasts made perky that I just didn't have time doll" apology.

clap.gif w00t.gif clap.gif

Here endth the lesson.

I'm not sure who the Douchebag is around here!!

there was a cape town bikeshop (that recently came in for a bit of a roasting here) who sent out an email to a mtb list trying to get a loaner bike back. All they had was 'customer said they were mates with XXX and YYY'. I think they got the bike returned, but joh did they get a digital snotklap from the mailing list.

Whether you are a family business or not, the simple truth of the matter is that you take a copy of the drivers licence or the ID of the individual before the bike leaves the shop.

Simple and straightforward business principles.

Hi Guys

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to this post. Unfortunately we haven't had any success on the bike but have learnt a valuable lesson in the process. We will continue to remain the business we are but take more care with the details so we can avoid this happening again. We will continue to trust people but have ALL there details just in case :)

We also apologise for the mistakes we have made with the bookings, sometimes we miss a beat here and there but generally try and work on improving where we can.

Thank you for all the support over the years and may we continue to be of service to you and rectify any mistakes we have made.

Regards,

Linden Cycle

PS: Please still keep your eyes pealed just in case

Hi Guys

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to this post. Unfortunately we haven't had any success on the bike but have learnt a valuable lesson in the process. We will continue to remain the business we are but take more care with the details so we can avoid this happening again. We will continue to trust people but have ALL there details just in case smile.png

We also apologise for the mistakes we have made with the bookings, sometimes we miss a beat here and there but generally try and work on improving where we can.

Thank you for all the support over the years and may we continue to be of service to you and rectify any mistakes we have made.

Regards,

Linden Cycle

PS: Please still keep your eyes pealed just in case

Not many good bike shops.......

she'll prob have to bring it back in for a service. whistling.gif

Keep your staffs eyes peeled thumbup1.gif