Club Cyclists arrested &fined-Umhlanga

ShaughnK

The M4 from Durban to Umhlanga is traditionally seen as freeway with the exception of the blue lagoon bridge, the route out from Durban normally follows the side roads and then onto the M4 at umhlanga (but it was acceptable to enter the M4 at Virginia airport without being warned or fined by metro police in the past) out to Ballito and is probably the most frequently cycled route in Durban. It is traditionally used by all the clubs and recreational cyclists as a training route and the use of lead or following vehicles has been practised for years. Most of them are properly marked with flashing lights, rooftop lights and some with electronic warning signs on their roof and their conduct is as far as I have every encountered very good. Ive lived in the area for 18 years.The route from Umhlanga lagoon to Ushaka and back is probably the most popular 42km training route in Durban, the clubs and bunches are seldom on the route after 6h30am in the morning weekdays and generally off the route by 7h30 on weekends thereafter it is mainly small social ride groups of 3 or 4 riders. it will be interesting to find out what the gripe was about. I might pop into Chainworx and ask the guys as the shop is on the route through Umhlanga.

Edited by Dustbug

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys should go into scrit writing. No real indication of what went down but the story is already clearly made up complete with dialogue. All we need to do is clean up the grammar and add a camera shot list and we are good to go.

All I can tell from the op is some guys were arrested. The vivid imaginations have added the wardrobe description, a list of felonies including bribery. Character descriptions of the offenders and an approximation of the cops BMI.

The plot continues with the apparent hope for the torture and sexual molestation of the miscreants.

More sheer delight for the misfortune of a fellow cyclist on this forum than you will find on 4X4 forum. Sure law breakers need to be dealt with but enthusiasm for doing so without any clue as to what the offense might even be is just plain bizarre to me.

I have a theory that only 10% of the members here are cyclists. The rest are bored computer programmers with small dicks and unnecessarily large cars.

I have a theory that only 10% of the members here are cyclists. The rest are bored computer programmers with small dicks and unnecessarily large cars.

:-D

I am a programmer with a small car not telling you the size of my **** though

The only positives I could generate:

cyclist - check

computer programmer - check

bored - check (this week)

The only positives I could generate:

cyclist - check

computer programmer - check

bored - check (this week)

yeah -

cyclist - check

Computer programming company - Check

Big Knob - check.....everyone tells me I am a big knob

It's quite simple.

Cyclists are not allowed on roads where these signs are displayed.

The freeway signs should be on all freeway on-ramps.

What, a substantiated post on the hub... ?! Dude....

at least your arse is padded

It must be scary getting locked up and put into a police holding cell ..... wearing tight fitting lycra and disco shoes ph34r.png

About time. The other week I felt like getting out of my car and pimp-slapping some roadies who felt it was their right to stop in the middle of the road at the incoming hill into Somerset West.

Too right. I don't know what the story is about certain cyclists in and around Cape Town. It just makes the motorists angry which doesn't help anyone.

I can't comment on what happened in this story, because I don't know the details. All I know is here in Cape town I have seen some CLOWN riding down the hill next to Groote Schuur Hospital in the middle lane before the N2/M3 split. It was on a weekend, but I can't believe that Cape Town is so limited in it's cycling routes that one needs to take these kinds of risks. In addition to this I have seen groups of cyclists riding on the N1 out towards Canal Walk. If you ride like that you are flat out stupid. It is unfair on the motorist that accidentally knocks this rider off his bike. Completely unfair.

Cyclist are not suppose to ride on a Freeway, and it is only a freeway if it has that blue sign that looks like a bridge.....Freeways do not have min speed UNLESS there is a sign stating that.

I always thought it looks like a Transformer robot and I get ready to go into battle. Then turning off I feel like a hero, because the Transformer has been defeated by the same sign with a strike-through!

post-12446-0-15902400-1354280106_thumb.jpg