Team FedGroup-Itec throws Evans a lifeline

slabs

I think the top Euro guys had a wake up call last year and expect the likes of Naef, the bulls etc to be stronger next year.

As for Kev's partner.. someone said Imagine Kev rides with Nino..

Well damn that will be exciting, If Kev can be at his best form Im sure they will have a chance. Besides I think Nino has a BIG mental factor on Burry etc. However I strongly doubt he will risk the effect this might have on his XC season..And who knows If he can ride further than 60 km anyway http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png

KE and Roel Paullissen

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ol' Kev still look bruised after the ordeal with DG on SuperCycling last night.

They're searching for an international partner for him, then as 2nd option he will roll with his local Fedgroup partner.

I like Kevvy, I think he is an exceptional rider.

Will he win an Epic, I am not too convinced there.

Yeah.

Also think the Bulls are gonna come back strong in 2013, with their new combination.

heart feels for Kev. He looked broken.

Jip, it must feel k@k to have been the "boss" and now Brandon is......must be hard pill (not a PED one) to swallow!! I am sure Kev is cursing David every minute of the day for his STUPID actions......

heart feels for Kev. He looked broken.

Ya, from the bit I know him I do know that he is a shy dude who doesn’t like the limelight that much (off the bike)

He is a man of few words and what struck me in conversations was how open and honest he was. Easy to like him.

Of course he's prob full of mistakes like all of us. Im just saying.

The way he reacted at first and the pics he tweeted the days following the "news" were full of emotion..and must have been a outlet for what he was feeling, since he wasn’t allowed to talk to the outside world.

Chin up dude.

Looking forward to joining him for a ride over the hols and having a few good laughs.. Not sure I'll bring up the topic though..its quite personal and deep.

Edited by Bos

Lots of speculation. Interesting was his opening remarks about being devastated, angry and then compassion. Which is entirely understandable, given that we're all human at the end of the day. What/if things are resolved between KE and DG on a personal level are just that. Personal and private.

Partnering with someone like Schurter or Naef is unlikely, their focus is XCO not XCM/Stage races. Two different forms of fitness altogether and there are only handful of riders who can and do excel at both.

In all likelyhood, we'll more than likely see Evans partner with an international rider. Don't think the team knows who that would be as yet, although it's very likely there's a short list.

XCO (and DH) gets a raw deal in many ways in this country, a shame considering it's the discipline that gave birth to local MTB.

Politics murdered the national series, with Burry and Buy's performances, alongside riders like James Reid et al though, XCO could regain it's place in the sport locally as a key element.

No reason it can't co-exist with marathon and stage racing.

Here is some food for thought..

“We have yet to finalise our Cape Epic plans, but Brandon and I have started every single edition of the race and obviously, being the 10thanniversary, it’s a big year for the race and for us each personally in 2013. I’ll be on the start line for sure and riding my heart out as usual. It’s a race I’d love to win still, but I do have my eye on a Marathon World Champs medal too; and with the 2014 Marathon World’s in South Africa, that will be a big focus for me,” said Evans .

-Treadmag

Edited by Bos

Jip, it must feel k@k to have been the "boss" and now Brandon is......must be hard pill (not a PED one) to swallow!! I am sure Kev is cursing David every minute of the day for his STUPID actions......

Van baas na klaas toe... w00t.gif

I'd rather think, he is very happy, as much as he can be, from having the next 12 months planned out, what where and how to having a total screw up, at least he has a team again, he has a income and he has options.

G

(Topic merged with official press release)

After finding himself without a pro contract for 2013, following the recent, sudden closure of his team due a doping infringement, multiple South African mountain bike-racing champion, Kevin Evans, has been thrown a lifeline by former rival team, FedGroup-Itec.

Click here to view the article