The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Disagree, sure Skyborgs bossed the peleton but he had to finish the job. He was dominant for a few years.

If you're really going to tarnish his legacy then look at how almost everyone from that generation has been overtaken by youngsters. 

... I've been questioning Froome's performance since stage 10 of the 2015 Tour de France. You could possibly find my posts on Bikehub still - I questioned the stupendous power figures produced then already by Froome. Most of his performances since have confirmed my suspicions, with the 2018 Giro just the cherry on top, 
I do realize that this thread is obviously a Froome "fan thread", so the bias will run high, but there is some of us who do not buy the circus .... 

I will try to seize commenting on this thread 😉

44 minutes ago, EddieV said:

... I've been questioning Froome's performance since stage 10 of the 2015 Tour de France. You could possibly find my posts on Bikehub still - I questioned the stupendous power figures produced then already by Froome. Most of his performances since have confirmed my suspicions, with the 2018 Giro just the cherry on top, 
I do realize that this thread is obviously a Froome "fan thread", so the bias will run high, but there is some of us who do not buy the circus .... 

I will try to seize commenting on this thread 😉

Funny that he can't regain any sort of form or fitness away from Sky and their doctors.... 🙃

On 6/8/2023 at 12:43 PM, EddieV said:

.... to me, most of Froome's success could possibly be explained away as team work and his own complete commitment to the sport until the Queen stage of the 2018 Giro D'Italia. 

I lost all interest in him after that victory.

But how was he towards you in the peleton during that stage ?

45 minutes ago, Wyatt Earp said:

But how was he towards you in the peleton during that stage ?

😁

Maybe said better by George Bennett ..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been a huge fan but I think even my faith has reached its limits ....from "I was ready for the tour" to 4:03 down and 80th on stage 2 of the Hainan tour in China....unless something happened I'm completely dismayed. 

Perhaps he has lasting damage from the crash - but then his team director and medical staff would have seen it in his fitness parameters.

Imo it is a bit weird that CF got dropped before some sprinters on big climb days during the last season or two. Or was it a matter of "we pay you more than Jonas and Primoz put together, you shall race!"

6 hours ago, Christie said:

Perhaps he has lasting damage from the crash - but then his team director and medical staff would have seen it in his fitness parameters.

Imo it is a bit weird that CF got dropped before some sprinters on big climb days during the last season or two. Or was it a matter of "we pay you more than Jonas and Primoz put together, you shall race!"

After he wasn't selected for the tour in his YouTube video at the time he said he was "ready for the tour"....wonder which tour he was referring to....

2 hours ago, love2fly said:

After he wasn't selected for the tour in his YouTube video at the time he said he was "ready for the tour"....wonder which tour he was referring to....

I see in recent interviews all the talk is TdF 2024. :eek:

Having these legends at the tour is great, but I think the expectations need a reality check.

I wouldn't mind seeing Froome and Bernal winning or assisting with a stage win for example, and Cav breaking the record.

Away from Ineos MANY top performing Skyborgs failed to replicate any sort of form that made them sellable assets.

One or two went back and miraculously returned to form.

See that how you will

58 minutes ago, Thomo said:

I see in recent interviews all the talk is TdF 2024. :eek:

Having these legends at the tour is great, but I think the expectations need a reality check.

I wouldn't mind seeing Froome and Bernal winning or assisting with a stage win for example, and Cav breaking the record.

If CF can't hang in at the tour of "somewhere in China" I doubt he's going to earn a spot in any Grand Tour. Time to do like Darryl and retire 

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

Away from Ineos MANY top performing Skyborgs failed to replicate any sort of form that made them sellable assets.

One or two went back and miraculously returned to form.

See that how you will

Looking at Tom Pidcock and his ability to come through a stacked MTB XC field as if they're riding on flat tyres, I can't help but wonder if they (Ineos) have discovered an elixir....or magic potion....