The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

55 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

It's time to send the old man out to pasture, unless he comes up with some extraordinary strategy to get him back up to the top. 

jip, the french mountains has green grass and not covered in snow. send him to the tour!

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The resilient Chris Froome, discussing team camps and new TT position. Always interesting.

Battling through the after effects of the C19 gogga contracted in July last year, he seems to be finally restoring his ability to perform at his highest current level. 

His Youtube channel always portrays his work ethic and his strive for excellence. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, 'Dale said:

I must go visit Kigali, hey. 

Was there not going to be a Worlds cross country champs in Rwanda ? Want to go as well.

12 hours ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Was there not going to be a Worlds cross country champs in Rwanda ? Want to go as well.

2025 for ROAD WORLDS, if my late afternoon brain serves me well 

Edited by 'Dale

• 2 months later...

With 26 days to the 2023 TDF, where is Froomie?

Other than the occasional smiling Twitter post there is not much news and neither any mention of upcoming races in prep for TDF….. Will he even be selected for the team?

Love Daryl’s “Be Lekker” videos, here’s the latest with Froomie

4 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Other than the occasional smiling Twitter post there is not much news and neither any mention of upcoming races in prep for TDF….. Will he even be selected for the team?

Froome and TDF, what a story. Is it done. What next

3 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Froome and TDF, what a story. Is it done. What next

He had a great career cut short due to that terrible crash.
I think that he should take a page out of Cav's book and retire with dignity.

1 minute ago, Wyatt Earp said:

Love the condescending posts about sending him out to pasture from the peanut gallery who couldn’t win a stage at Tour of Brakpan.

Couldn't agree more!

On 6/5/2023 at 7:57 AM, SwissVan said:

Thanks for sharing this. Was looking for some new channels to follow to keep my YouTube feed interesting, and this is just what I needed. very cool to see the guys so candid, and just being lekker.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris-froome-headlines-cic-ventoux-climbing-challenge/

Multiple Tour de France winner Chris Froome will ride the one-day CIC Mont Ventoux race next Tuesday, organisers have announced, as the days count down to the Tour de France and final team selections are made. 

The Israel-Premier Tech veteran has never ridden the Mont Ventoux mid-week race before, which features a double ascent of the mountain nicknamed ‘The Giant of Provence, and takes place on June 13th. 

Froome last raced in another tough mountainous one-day French event, the Mercan’Tour Classic Alpes-Maritimes, finishing 14th behind winner Richard Carapaz (EF Education-EasyPost).

19 hours ago, Wyatt Earp said:

Love the condescending posts about sending him out to pasture from the peanut gallery who couldn’t win a stage at Tour of Brakpan.

I don't get the antagonism against the guy.

It was there before the doping charge and it's not there aginst Bernal/Thomas so can't just be a SkyIneos thing.

He got dumped by Brailsford after his big crash, and it's a bit disheartening to see a storied former champ battling to get back to the top (which totally justified the DB move). 

I know he looks a bit weird, stares at his stem too much and won too many times.

His bokkie is a bit wild on the twitters, but that;s not unusual either.

I like him. despite all dat, running up a col sans bike, attacking on donwhills with sags and a supertuck - he's not all boring

nice listen

https://lifeinthepeloton.com/2023/02/15/chris-froome-the-man-the-myth-the-legend/

https://lifeinthepeloton.com/2023/02/15/chris-froome-the-man-the-myth-the-legend/

He 

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

I don't get the antagonism against the guy.

It was there before the doping charge and it's not there aginst Bernal/Thomas so can't just be a SkyIneos thing.

He got dumped by Brailsford after his big crash, and it's a bit disheartening to see a storied former champ battling to get back to the top (which totally justified the DB move). 

I know he looks a bit weird, stares at his stem too much and won too many times.

His bokkie is a bit wild on the twitters, but that;s not unusual either.

I like him. despite all dat, running up a col sans bike, attacking on donwhills with sags and a supertuck - he's not all boring

nice listen

He 

I write it down to a good old S.A. personality trait, where people simply can’t be happy for others that do well.

I remember building a loan bike for him when he was 15, 2 nights before he left for Kenya to go and do a race.

A total nobody, but he went nonetheless and won, beating David Kinjah in that race.

From there he stayed hungry with an unquenchable hunger.

I was privileged enough to have him work in my store over school holidays, it was very evident that he had the highest of respect for anyone and everyone.

A humility that most can only dream of, accompanied with a serious training regime and moral ethics.

He didn’t rise to the top by luck or favor.

He earned every second of his success.

I doubt many will ride their first Tour De France as a last minute pick, start Alpe D’heuz alongside Denis Menchov, sitting in the top 10 at the start of that 13.9 km monster, and still come out the other side alive to tell the tale.