The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

I really hope he can be competitive but I've been disappointed too many times......I love what he achieved and had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago and found he's a humble decent guy so I'll watch this space next year. I don't see Team Israel giving him much of a chance but here's hoping.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/13/2023 at 6:31 AM, love2fly said:

I really hope he can be competitive but I've been disappointed too many times......I love what he achieved and had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago and found he's a humble decent guy so I'll watch this space next year. I don't see Team Israel giving him much of a chance but here's hoping.....

I am glad that he is staying on and having another go at it.

But I find it amazing that he rode with the wrong bike setup for so long.

https://road.cc/content/news/chris-froome-reveals-bike-set-discrepancies-304917

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

Amazing. Incredible. Unbelievable almost...

These guys are mm perfect. I don't see someone at that level going so far wrong....

I've seen Froomey ride a Mavic undersized nogal cos his was busted....I smell excuses ...

in 2008 Joaquin Phoenix retired from acting,....to become a rapper.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2008/oct/29/joaquin-phoenix-quits-acting#:~:text=Joaquin Phoenix%2C the twice Oscar,pursue a career in music.

but it was actually a very elaborate hoax to create a mockumentary and he stayed in character for 18 months to create this.

I get the feeling there is more to the whole Froome story currently. There is no way they are just spinning these bollocks yarns for the past 2 years, just because. I really liked the guy and he is surely smarter than this.

Could be just keep your name in the media, then the brands/team are in the spotlight. There are easier ways to do that (without all the training)

I just look at his last 2 races, finishing nowhere in very low profile races. I'm still a big supporter but please, stop with the excuses. The team, AND Froomey know his power figures and that's why he wasn't selected for the tour. And then on YouTube he posts a "I was ready....." Video....

If he was in decent form I have to believe he'd have been selected as he would generate a lot of hype for the team....not to mention the fact that the tdf contenders are pushing some crazy figures as evidenced by where Primoz Tadej are today....

10 minutes ago, love2fly said:

I just look at his last 2 races, finishing nowhere in very low profile races. I'm still a big supporter but please, stop with the excuses. The team, AND Froomey know his power figures and that's why he wasn't selected for the tour. And then on YouTube he posts a "I was ready....." Video....

If he was in decent form I have to believe he'd have been selected as he would generate a lot of hype for the team....not to mention the fact that the tdf contenders are pushing some crazy figures as evidenced by where Primoz Tadej are today....

zigactly.

let's look at his last TdF win, 2017. He beat Rigo Uran into 2nd place. At 30 then he'd be moving into the traditional "peak" of his GC career.

Where's he now? also getting spanked by this new generation of youngsters. 71st on Gc at TdF this year!

14 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

zigactly.

let's look at his last TdF win, 2017. He beat Rigo Uran into 2nd place. At 30 then he'd be moving into the traditional "peak" of his GC career.

Where's he now? also getting spanked by this new generation of youngsters. 71st on Gc at TdF this year!

There can only be one winner

22 teams = 176 riders

You must be an over achiever to scoff at 71st

40 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

zigactly.

Agreed. The top 3 are in a completely new league if you look at how the climbing records got trashed ( forgot which climb) but that's because next month I get to start riding busses for free.. 

27 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

There can only be one winner

22 teams = 176 riders

You must be an over achiever to scoff at 71st

You make an incredible point with that statement, please expand further on your argument. Are you saying Froome at 38 has still got it?

(Just quoting it before you delete it.)

12 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

You make an incredible point with that statement, please expand further on your argument. Are you saying Froome at 38 has still got it?

(Just quoting it before you delete it.)

Fact of the matter is 71 out of 176 riders is not to shabby at all compared to us mere mortals.  Sure its very far of his former glory, but if I could do 71st, I would have a smile on my face all day long .... 🤪.

The more awesome riders in the mix for GC the better!

I don't care who it is, but getting the sharp end of the GC cat at a grand tour packed with genuine contenders would be the raddest thing ever for cycling.

38, 28, 23.... who cares.

I'm glad Roglic is moving on from JV. Adds another 'contender' to what was becoming a two horse race.

If Froome gets there, amazing. If not? IPT have spent a lot of money on a lemon.

Either way, the marketing of all of this and the ability to keep him 'relevant' while he really isn't has been phenomenal