Rapha Festive 500

Lexx

Anyone doing it all on an IDT.....?

There was a Zwift Event that did the 500km in one shot. Had two mates back in SA who did it, one bailed at just under 300km and the other finished it. Bloody fools !!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely give it a go for an all in one. I reckon it would be rad. Any takers? We can start at midnight tonight!

Curfew.... I'm so privileged that didn't even cross my mind when I got excited.

Maybe next year.

Edited by Jewbacca

There was a Zwift Event that did the 500km in one shot. Had two mates back in SA who did it, one bailed at just under 300km and the other finished it. Bloody fools !!

The biggest issue i see is sweat... you get 100% soaked in it

A few years ago (ok a bit more than a few) during winter I did some all day rides (6 - 8 hrs) on my IDT and used to go through 3 or 4 different riding kits in 1 day

The biggest issue i see is sweat... you get 100% soaked in it

A few years ago (ok a bit more than a few) during winter I did some all day rides (6 - 8 hrs) on my IDT and used to go through 3 or 4 different riding kits in 1 day

Agree. Even with fans etc. I definitely feel I wreck my kit more indoors the out. And hydration is tricky too.

Agree. Even with fans etc. I definitely feel I wreck my kit more indoors the out. And hydration is tricky too.

I mostly cycle in my older assos shorts, the lycra bits look a bit tatty but the bum interface areas are still in good condition...and a simple gym type t shirt.

On a long ride I'll change my t shirt after about an hour mostly because the fan coupled with cold air from outside (open window) on a wet top is unpleasant.

I mostly cycle in my older assos shorts, the lycra bits look a bit tatty but the bum interface areas are still in good condition...and a simple gym type t shirt.

On a long ride I'll change my t shirt after about an hour mostly because the fan coupled with cold air from outside (open window) on a wet top is unpleasant.

I'm a bibs only kinda person on the trainer.

2 x fans on full, bibs and sweat bands round my ankles to stop my shoes becoming dams and a towel folded like a napkin draped over my headset.stem/front hub/top tube.

When doing dumb things like a mega/uber pretzel or 200km IDT rides I sweat so much that the mat and astro combo needs to go outside for a complete hose down.

Wearing a shirt would kill me ded

2 x fans on full, bibs and sweat bands round my ankles to stop my shoes becoming dams and a towel folded like a napkin draped over my headset.stem/front hub/top tube.

When doing dumb things like a mega/uber pretzel or 200km IDT rides I sweat so much that the mat and astro combo needs to go outside for a complete hose down.

LOL...sweat bands around your ankles...never thought of this  :thumbup:

my wifey is going to have a good laugh one day when i try that

Never been a fan of bibs, i have 2 or 3 assos bibs as well and only wear them if i do an outdoor winter ride and its close to 0C... and then you have to plan your toilet breaks to coincide with a decent public loo...much easier to do with shorts.

I use one of those large super absorbing towels placed under my bike on top of the mat, it works well to absorb the sweat, on long rides i get off and turn it around so the dry half is in the droplet zone. Its easy to chuck in the washing machine afterwards...no garden and hose pipe here  :(

Friend was training for the Trans Baviaans on his IDT ...

Shorts only

AC on full blast

Fans full blast

Towel over the bars

Towels on the floor ....

Long rides on an IDT is brutal !!!

So then you have these guys that do (looks like IDT only):

Last 4 Weeks 

Avg Rides / Week 43

Avg Distance / Week 7,670 km

Avg Time / Week 132h 28m

Who tf is this?!

I'd definitely give it a go for an all in one. I reckon it would be rad. Any takers? We can start at midnight tonight!

Curfew.... I'm so privileged that didn't even cross my mind when I got excited.

Maybe next year.

I'd be keen for something like that. Pity I'm in Jozi.