RIP Burry Stander

Ranga

I remember leaving my tent on day 3 of Sani 2 Sea two years back to find Burry sitting on a crate having a chat......

Never too big or too bussy.....A true peoples champion!

RIP champ!

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My all time favorite picture of The Champ.

post-4100-0-75149500-1357538908_thumb.jpg

He really loved that flag, didn't he....

happy.png

I was away for the weekend and took in a long ride on Saterday morning, tar and singletrack, bush and road, thinking about Burry and cycling and what cycling means to me.

The taxi driver didn't go out that morning looking to kill anyone, it was an accident that, truth be told, could have happened to anyone of us. I hope he finds peace, because I would not like to be the one that this happens to. I respect that he didn't drive away.

The law must run it's course, and I hope that the right legal decisions are made.

that's u23 worlds victory in oz?? who was seeded #1?!

Hope its not a repost.

Beautiful request right at the bottom?

From bicycling.co.za

Funeral Details

Church Service: Thursday 10 January 2013 led by Pastoor Trevor Downham & Justin Porteus

Time: 12:00

Church: Norwegian Settlers Church

Address: Lot 17, Izotsha Road, Marburg, Port Shepstone, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa

GPS Co-ordinates: 30.755S, 30.410E

P O Box 1099,

Port Shepstone,

Kwazulu Natal,

South Africa

The family kindly request that the press respectfully refrain from turning this into a media circus

Burry will be laid to rest on their family plot and everyone is welcome to attend.

The address is:

Bali Hai Farm

St Faiths road

Umtentweni

Rural

There will be an opportunity for anyone that has it on their hearts to place a letter / message for Burry at the church.

Cherise requested that everyone wear white as far as possible, it was Burry’s favourite colour.

Cherise requested that everyone wear white as far as possible, it was Burry’s favourite colour.

Exactly what we did for Tinkerbell. Celebrate a life lived, not mourn a life lost.

Just a suggestion guys and mods.

Can we keep this thread as a memory to our Champ , if anyone was to google R.I.P. Burry they don't need to read the speculative posts and perhaps those posts can be move to :http://www.thehubsa....eally-happened/

+1 this thread is where family/friends/hubbers can come back to in a year or 2 or 10 and see the all the good wishes and support that was given by hub members.