Pepper spray - anyone used it?

2wheelsgood

Bought 2 cans of SWAT after an attempted bikejacking happened to me in Knysna (Noetsie informal settlement) this December.

Tired of these wank3rs doing just as they please with no consequences.

test subject please...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st, I do not recommend getting into the situation where you feel it is needed, Self-defense. but yes I have used it.

Full taxi, rush-hour, Witkoppen rd, he came after me with a tyre-iron, I ran away, he threw it and missed, I chased him around the taxi, and then nailed him through the open window, emptied the taxi. Best not to get into this situation AT ALL. I thought he was getting a gun, and he could have, ending in real problems. I avoided that route for a while.

Red Sabre. Small canister (about the diameter and length of a lipstick). Potent stuff. Tested it on a vagrant who kept messing around near my house.

DON'T use it on a motorist!!!!

The guy was blinded and stumbled about for half an hour, trying to get out of my road.

It might be worth spraying a bit on the car's door handle. I am sure that will have some effect later.

This stuff. Does not get on my bike without it.

Our dogs got into a fight. The only thing that can stop them is pepper spray. Unfortunately the last time that my fiance used it she blasted herself in the face (nozzle was pointing in the wrong direction). It floored her instantly and had me choking as the whole house permeated with it...

It's hardcore...

Edited by Octavian

Who was the guy who had some pointing up at himself from the stem and then had the trigger under the saddle or something and used it on some guy as he mugged the bike and started riding... He picked up his bike a few meters later and kept on going...

Any volunteers, I would like to test the jet vs mist nozzle?

Edited by BMXER

I've seen it suggested on here quite often to carry pepper spray as a means to deal with aggressive motorists. Has anyone actually used it on a motorist?

Ive used it effectively a few times on various window washers face at the Bruma lake intersection coming off the R24, fantastic stuff, get the direct stream. I tell them you spray my cars face I spray yours... we share 1 for 1.

They dont usually agree and not always I can hear them speaking while they have hands over their eyes and mouth, but thats not my problem.

I have also had it on my hands before and unwillingly transferred it onto my soldier when I went for a pee, that was not one of my shining moments. It burnt like a motherF@#$er!

Our dogs got into a fight. The only thing that can stop them is pepper spray. Unfortunately the last time that my fiance used it she blasted herself in the face (nozzle was pointing in the wrong direction). It floored her instantly and had me choking as the whole house permeated with it...

It's hardcore...

Sprayed a Jack Russel once when he attacked our dogs on a walk. He looked at me as if I sprayed him with water - did nothing to him!

Sprayed a Jack Russel once when he attacked our dogs on a walk. He looked at me as if I sprayed him with water - did nothing to him!

Jack Russel's aren't entirely normal dogs....

My brother has two bull-terriers that seem immune to pepper spray. His house alarm went off a while back and the ADT dude made the mistake of jumping the fence to investigate what was going on. Upon being greeted by the two hounds he rather miraculously found his way up a large tree (because the side branches only began six feet off the ground) and from there dispensed his entire can of SWAT. The dogs' faces were literally dripping the stuff but they were still going at him when my brother arrived home!

Edited by BrianMTB

1st, I do not recommend getting into the situation where you feel it is needed, Self-defense. but yes I have used it.

Full taxi, rush-hour, Witkoppen rd, he came after me with a tyre-iron, I ran away, he threw it and missed, I chased him around the taxi, and then nailed him through the open window, emptied the taxi. Best not to get into this situation AT ALL. I thought he was getting a gun, and he could have, ending in real problems. I avoided that route for a while.

Did they not talk on 702 about this incidence?

My brother has two bull-terriers that seem immune to pepper spray. His house alarm went off a while back and the ADT dude made the mistake of jumping the fence to investigate what was going on. Upon being greeted by the two hounds he rather miraculously found his way up a large tree (because the side branches only began six feet off the ground) and from there dispensed his entire can of SWAT. The dogs' faces were literally dripping the stuff but they were still going at him when my brother arrived home!

I suppose if a fighting breed dog is in the Redzone nothing will stop them. I suspect our guys weren't going at it full on, that's why the pepper spray seems to stop them. The vet said that if they were really having a serious fight they would literally be tearing pieces of flesh off each other.

A bit off topic, but I heard a story recently where a woman was killed by a tazer. It was given to her as a present and she mistook it for a vibrator. Not sure if its true, but I was told it was true. Any way - OUCH!

Edited by facmp

Ive used it effectively a few times on various window washers face at the Bruma lake intersection coming off the R24, fantastic stuff, get the direct stream. I tell them you spray my cars face I spray yours... we share 1 for 1.

They dont usually agree and not always I can hear them speaking while they have hands over their eyes and mouth, but thats not my problem.

I have also had it on my hands before and unwillingly transferred it onto my soldier when I went for a pee, that was not one of my shining moments. It burnt like a motherF@#$er!

Couldn't help but laugh