Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

The Torque should be quite a bit cheaper  - the Ransom top tier build must be pretty pricey.

It's 3 bikes in 1. But you only pay for 2.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just leave this here... she grew a coil. Too much travel? What is this blasphemy

Ooooh.. I'm getting one one of those soon. To go on my green machine.

Edited by Cptmayhem

Ooooh.. I'm getting one one of those soon. To go on my green machine.

You won't regret it. The climb switch is an awesome feature.

Edited by andrewdh

You won't regret it. The climb switch is an awesome feature.

I already know how a coil feels cos I have a kage on there now. Getting the ccdb later this week. Omg the dials.

At the moment I whack the LSC closed and it climbs pretty well. But can imagine the ccdb makes it just that much better

Edited by Cptmayhem

In case you missed it. I smaak my 170/180 dhduro bike. It makes me seek out lekker trails to ride. So I think if you have one of these you'll naturally ride the rougher steeper stuff more often. If it's just a short hop in the belts I have bike 2. On the subject of JH I felt the trails had got a bit Tygerbermified. Thoughts?

In case you missed it. I smaak my 170/180 dhduro bike. It makes me seek out lekker trails to ride. So I think if you have one of these you'll naturally ride the rougher steeper stuff more often. If it's just a short hop in the belts I have bike 2. On the subject of JH I felt the trails had got a bit Tygerbermified. Thoughts?

Until you hit iron monkey and status quo. Armageddon and red I agree with you, but it'll change soon enough.

I already know how a coil feels cos I have a kage on there now. Getting the ccdb later this week. Omg the dials.

At the moment I whack the LSC closed and it climbs pretty well. But can imagine the ccdb makes it just that much better

Haven't even started to turn any thingys yet, I'm trying the base tune for a bit. Yoh that ccdb looks sweeeeet!but over kill for me (I weigh a little more than a bag of cement????)

Completely agree, with the bigger suspension statement. I also beefed up the stopping power and I'll never look back... quad piston for life!

As for JH some guys have said that they've smoothed out some of the gnar sections, not sure how true this as I've been grounded while waiting for my coil to arrive.

Now let's go find some gnar!

Edited by andrewdh

As for JH some guys have said that they've smoothed out some of the gnar sections, not sure how true this as I've been grounded while waiting for my coil to arrive.

Now let's go find some gnar!

Just trail maintenance and fixing erosion and braking bumps (read braking potholes.) It does take the gear away a bit.

Bit give it some good rain for the soil to start washing away and a few wheels and it'll be rough again.

A little trail maintenance is a good thing. Careful what you complain about.

As for the big hit trail bikes. I've held the view for a while that they are great bikes for "gravity" guys who can only have 1 bike.

Reign

Nomad

Spez Enduro

That new Scott?

These all fit into that mould for me. Which is exactly why I unloaded my Reign. IMO it's too close to a DH bike and I have a DH bike so something a little more uphill friendly was sought. It was great in the Bikeparks and is a great allrounder but I never loved it. It's been adopted by someone who'll love it.

*Disclaimer. This is my opinion based on my requirements from a bike.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Hmmm, I wAnt, notice that alot of new dh bikes have similar design to ancillotti

Ah.... someone else who is a Hyperbole and a Half fan..... Alot of beer is still my favourite

Duane, I agree with you re the trail bikes sometimes being too much bike, especially for majority of trails we have in SA. They aren't steep, they aren't super fun or super big and a nippy bike that winches a bit better makes a whole day of riding way less daunting.

I know they are fun to ride, but for 99% of our trails they are more difficult to ride well than something with slightly less calibre