Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

What makes me feel funny is that the shock doesn't line up with the frame and the shock mount / cross brace doesn't line up to anything either and it makes my OCD alarm start twitching. 

:clap:  Classic. So, what bike do you ride? I'm sure bikes like POLE with steeper seat angle and slack HA must make your head spin even more.. It took me a while to get use to. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap:  Classic. So, what bike do you ride? I'm sure bikes like POLE with steeper seat angle and slack HA must make your head spin even more.. It took me a while to get use to. 

Ha, ha! I'm on an Ibis Ripmo and everything lines up nicely except I have miss matched tyres but 5 mins with a black marker sorted that out nicely but inside I still know.  

Pole are cool because the attention to detail and the little engraving bits can gloss over the oddness of that seat angle. Knollys freak me out as do Ellsworth with that awkward rocker. 

Anyway I can now look at that rocky now I've fixed it up! :)

post-15825-0-52081200-1565859401_thumb.jpg

Question.. I'm looking for a rear tire, and as discussed on here a dozen pages ago, my Shwalbe Razor Rock's corner knobs are starting to tear...someone told me so, I know. 

Trying to understand all the manufacturers casing/formula standards..

I Know Maxxis.. DD / EXOand WTB is self explanitory, but Shwalbe is darn confusing. What casing to look for in a rear, example: https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/374487-schwalbe-hans-dampf-29r-tyre-evo/

Whats Evo? like EXO? 

Question.. I'm looking for a rear tire, and as discussed on here a dozen pages ago, my Shwalbe Razor Rock's corner knobs are starting to tear...someone told me so, I know. 

I Know Maxxis.. DD / EXOand WTB is self explanitory, but Shwalbe is darn confusing. What casing to look for in a rear, example: https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/374487-schwalbe-hans-dampf-29r-tyre-evo/

Whats Evo? like EXO? 

Get a Spez Slaughter in grid (or Black Diamond when they land). Much simpler. 

I am having naughty thoughts of selling my Large Dartmoor Hornet with the DVO and maybe the Hope Pro 2 EVO's laced to Spank Rims .... sort of a rolling stock kind of deal....... 

post-5403-0-52925400-1566286489.jpg

post-5403-0-90266200-1566286581.jpg

Whats Evo? like EXO? 

You're looking for their casings strengths, so:

Snakeskin = Grid = EXO / Exo Plus 

Super Gravity = DD = Black Diamond

DH = DH = DH

Addix is the newer compound designation.

Super Soft = race day tyre (would not buy, literally a tyre for races and it's suuuper soft)

Soft = MaxxGrip 

Medium = MaxxTrail

For the front, you would probably look at an Addix Soft in Snakeskin casing. 

For the rear, Addix Soft is fine, lasts quite nicely if I go by my Mary at the back, but casing I'd go with Super Gravity over the Snakeskin cos I like my tyres tough. 

• 3 weeks later...