Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Hey guys, need some help. Thought this would be the best place to ask. Wanting to buy some sidi shoes from Ebay. Any one know what the import duties are that i could expect?

thanks

More knowledgable guys can comment but with clothing you have the 40% import tax and then the additional 15.4% VAT.

Sometimes it is not worth buying clothing and importing it unless it is labelled as something else which is illegal.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tubbies(claimed) = 1390g

Clinchers(claimed) = 1630g

carbonspeedcycle

Hey Meezo,

I am looking at these wheels also from carbonspeedcycle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321190611439

Just a question or 2.

Did you also buy from ebay?

Was Postage a problem? What service will be used when they land here in SA?

Also what are you guys inputs on 21mm,23 or 25 wheels? And the U shape design that these have?

Is it not better to buy straight from a hongfu or dengfu?

Thanks

So I get back from my morning ride yesterday and no sooner am I back than my local post office phone me to say one of my packages has arrived for collection... that's a first the local po phoning me  :clap:

Finally my frame had arrived which was shipped end of September..... unfortunately my shifters for the build coming from the UK are still somewhere in the SAPO system, so the build cannot proceed yet !!

The frame and parts took so long to come due to the strike... and as am off the the UK in 2 weeks have decided to upgrade from Ultegra 11spd to Dura Ace.... so will do some shopping whilst there and bring back the upgrades as hand luggage  :ph34r:

As for the frame, packaged very well and no damage, great quality and finish, came complete with headset and spare cable guides for the possible future upgrade to DI2.

First thing I checked after the once over of the frame for any damage or defects was the internal routing... all clear if a little tricky to do.

Very happy with the frame and looking forward to the build, even if this is now going to be after my trip to the UK when I bring back the upgrade  :D

I guess I can now call this a Christmas present from me to me  :clap:

Pics of the frame as delivered

attachicon.gifDSCI1848.JPG

Unpacked

attachicon.gifDSCI1849.JPG

On the Couch

attachicon.gifDSCI1852.JPG

Overall Look

attachicon.gifDSCI1853.JPG

Goodies for the build

attachicon.gifDSCI1856.JPG

Nice  :thumbup:

Edited by Reg Lizard

Finally .... the bars I bought (off a hubber) were cracked so had to scramble and get these (in white). Will change them at a later stage.Here she is ....

Now go and ride it and let us know how the bike goes

Finally .... the bars I bought (off a hubber) were cracked so had to scramble and get these (in white). Will change them at a later stage.

Here she is ....

Beautiful - Change that white quickly and it will be an awesome bike

Finally .... the bars I bought (off a hubber) were cracked so had to scramble and get these (in white). Will change them at a later stage.

Here she is ....

looking good, currently building mine with a temp 10spd groupset whilst waiting for some of my 11spd to arrive as I want to ride mine !!

Happy kms!!

My 2cents... drop the white handlebars and gooi white handlebar tape on... will look ever so sexy!!

The bars I planned on used had a crack, white bars are just temporary. @R450 for bar tape that tape will be on there a while! :)

Here she is ....

:drool: Thing of beauty that!!! :drool:

The bars I planned on used had a crack, white bars are just temporary. @R450 for bar tape that tape will be on there a while! :)

Your definitely one step ahead of me there... im always a sucker for white tape but always have to chuck them after a season as i can't properly clean them.... time that i go black !  :thumbup:

Your definitely one step ahead of me there... im always a sucker for white tape but always have to chuck them after a season as i can't properly clean them.... time that i go black !  :thumbup:

Once you go black... :whistling:

I love the build truly a chinneo of beauty. if i had the $ would do the same. congrats remember to right a review