Meezo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, please tell me if the PO still have delays? I want to buy something from China but havent for the last year or so so wanted to know if its ok.... dont want to wait 6 month again!  :thumbdown:

Hi guys, please tell me if the PO still have delays? I want to buy something from China but havent for the last year or so so wanted to know if its ok.... dont want to wait 6 month again!  :thumbdown:

Luck of the draw, it seems.

My package from Germany was stuck at the JHB hub for two weeks after being released from customs, received it Monday last week.

Another came from China roughly the same time, and was delivered so quickly that the tracking information has not even realised it yet.

you have bigger problems, and that's the rand, almost as weak as the boks!

I have just bought wheels from Farsport. I went for the 50mm carbon clinchers on DT Swiss hubs and Sapim spokes. Cost me close to R10k

The package is in JHB being cleared by Linex. They asked for a R400 clearance fee which I did not anticipate. I hate hidden costs.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just bought wheels from Farsport. I went for the 50mm carbon clinchers on DT Swiss hubs and Sapim spokes. Cost me close to R10k

The package is in JHB being cleared by Linex. They asked for a R400 clearance fee which I did not anticipate. I hate hidden costs.

Hi there,

Care to give us a review on them? Like ride feel... and weight? and quality?

Dying to know....

This might have been dealt with before but there is just too much material to go through on this thread. Please forgive me? Is anybody riding a frame as displayed in attached pic. It's a fm039 from hongfu. I have been using it for the last 2 months and have had no issues thus far. Who can shed some light on their experiences positive/negative?

post-5363-0-88730500-1445269665_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

Care to give us a review on them? Like ride feel... and weight? and quality?

Dying to know....

Hi Rider

they are built beautifully and roll forever... I am not soft on my wheels and once I have done more mileage I will update this thread.

For now, I am sold. Yes they cost R10 000 landed but are worth every cent. For me the DT Swiss hubs set these wheels apart from the other Chinese wheels.

This might have been dealt with before but there is just too much material to go through on this thread. Please forgive me? Is anybody riding a frame as displayed in attached pic. It's a fm039 from hongfu. I have been using it for the last 2 months and have had no issues thus far. Who can shed some light on their experiences positive/negative?

Hi Tjommies

I dealt with Hongfu a few times and between them and Xmiplay, I have never had a bad experience. Frame is quite stiff, but a bit hard too.

Hi Tjommies

I dealt with Hongfu a few times and between them and Xmiplay, I have never had a bad experience. Frame is quite stiff, but a bit hard too.

From my experience thus far I can agree with you completely. I can't wait to start racing with it though, it's only been used for training. Thanks for your input.

• 2 weeks later...

Who has stock locally of 17" 650B frames, with through axle?

Have you get this 650B frame? hardtail or full suspension style you want?

Great bikes, here is mine, Ive had it from 2011 and Im still racing it. Ive changed the look a few times, but still love it. One word of caution, the seatpost clamp does not always hold the seatpost tight enough, so you have to tighten it really tight and this can cause the thread to shear, I have had to fix it once already. If you want to use oval rails, then get the clamps that Giant use on their similar seatposts, they work.

post-4736-0-99821100-1446183965_thumb.jpg

Weight as in picture - 7 kg. (With FSA Gossamer cranks, have changed to Sram red and now on Hollowgram with an SRM.)

Edited by JA-Q001

• 2 weeks later...

I have the following frames in stock currently:

29er dual suspension FM036 all BSA BB

small 15.5"

medium 17.5"

large 19.5"

xl 21.5"

29er hard tail FM056 all BB30 BB

medium 17.5"

xl 21.5"

Cyclo cross FM286 BSA BB

54cm

60cm

Road disc brake FM 166 BB30

60cm

29er carbon fork - tapered - 490mm with maxle.

plenty of seat posts (27.2mm and 31.6mm), MTB 680mm bars and all the hanger spares you could possibly want.