Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/29er-bikes/1103668d1478296005t-chinese-carbon-29er-mb01-8.jpg

This frame was mentioned earlier in the thread...saw this on Mtbr forums, looks good.

My wheelset from light bicycle:

Setup: 34mm wide rims asymmetric 650b rims on dt swiss 350 32H with dt swiss competition race spokes

Delivery time: ~3 weeks, although felt longer :)

Packaging: decent, no damage to wheels

Wheelset weight: 1644 g, claimed weight: 1628.64g+/-25, pretty happy with this

Tubeless setup: Could not get to seat with floor pump, however, was re-using old tyres. Took to garage and seated 1st try. Once seated stays in place and very secure. Did not lose any pressure after first inflation.

Ride: grippy, stable & stiff

Photo epic:

post-81057-0-71768200-1482582943_thumb.jpg

post-81057-0-21878500-1482583091_thumb.jpg

post-81057-0-62891500-1482583103_thumb.jpg

post-81057-0-11481000-1482583177_thumb.jpg

post-81057-0-82084300-1482583333_thumb.jpg

Bought my first Chinese Carbon bike, decided it needed to be more fun/practical/low maintenance but still be good for race day.

Bought it from Flyxii (FR-216), since the pic, the seat post has been changed to a Matt Carbon, Stem Matt Carbon, Handlebars to 3k weave all supplied by Flyxii.

Riding a 2.3 rear, 2.1 front, thinking i need to go wider up front to add a bit more plushness.

So far, happy :)

Clint.what ratio gears are you running? :devil:

My wheelset from light bicycle:

Setup: 34mm wide rims asymmetric 650b rims on dt swiss 350 32H with dt swiss competition race spokes

Delivery time: ~3 weeks, although felt longer :)

Packaging: decent, no damage to wheels

Wheelset weight: 1644 g, claimed weight: 1628.64g+/-25, pretty happy with this

Tubeless setup: Could not get to seat with floor pump, however, was re-using old tyres. Took to garage and seated 1st try. Once seated stays in place and very secure. Did not lose any pressure after first inflation.

Ride: grippy, stable & stiff

Photo epic:

unboxing.jpg

FrontWeighed.jpg

RearWeighed.jpg

TheCouch.jpg

FrontAngle.jpg

Hi, whenever you get a chance I would love to hear more about the price and ordering process for the light bicycle wheelset you got.

Maybe a link if possible even

Merry xmas

Regards,

Steven

Hi, whenever you get a chance I would love to hear more about the price and ordering process for the light bicycle wheelset you got.

Maybe a link if possible even

Merry xmas

Regards,

Steven

Hi Steven, I used their wheel builder website initially when investigating the options. When it came time to ordering I used the chat function on their site to get answers to some questions (e.g. they have 32H J-bend dt swiss hubs but 28H is straight pull). They offered me valves, tape & extra spokes free as part of a promotion and there was also a small pay pal discount. These helped a little. Payment is done via paypal. You can also wire directly but for these lower amounts it is actually cheaper to paypal & you get buyer protection. I used the default shipping which was expensive. I believe you can save by doing it through Aramex Global Shopper, there are some posts on bikehub about users experience with this, which sound positive. I found light bicycle very responsive. I chopped and changed order details a couple of times and they would always get back within a day. The only painful part was waiting for it to arrive. They estimated a week, but took about 3. Also the shipping tracking was not fantastic (did not update for 2 nervous weeks :mellow: ).  

Hope that helps, PM me if you want more details.

Carbon saddles from Aliexpress, anyone tried them??? and carbon seatpost clamps???anywhere i can find carbon seatpost clamps in SA?

Carbon saddles from Aliexpress, anyone tried them??? and carbon seatpost clamps???anywhere i can find carbon seatpost clamps in SA?

I use one for racing(road) I like it its hard and narrow

but

I wouldn't try one on a MTB or if you are over about 90kg

the rails are oval and you need to torque the clamp at 7nm or you will crush the rails

there is no padding if you like an arione etc its for you , if not ........

don't know about seatpost clamps my bike doesn't use one

Edited by bikebloke

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody brought in some carbon road wheels ?

I see that one can get 20.5mm, 23mm and 25mm width ?

Does a 23mm tyre only fit on a 23mm rim ?

I know some guys that have changed to 25mm tyres and I'm pretty sure they still using the same wheels they were using before with 23mm tyres.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...