Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just pushed the button on some YishunBike mtb wheels: 30mm hookless rims, Chosen hubs with 28/28 Pillar 1420 straightpull spokes.

Gavin was extremely helpful and I had a string of about 30 mails to him deciding what I wanted.

Will keep you updated as to the ride and strength when I get them, and this should be interesting as I am close on 110kgs without kit or bike. But I am expecting a big change from my stock Giant wheelset (P-XC2)

Just pushed the button on some YishunBike mtb wheels: 30mm hookless rims, Chosen hubs with 28/28 Pillar 1420 straightpull spokes.

Gavin was extremely helpful and I had a string of about 30 mails to him deciding what I wanted.

Will keep you updated as to the ride and strength when I get them, and this should be interesting as I am close on 110kgs without kit or bike. But I am expecting a big change from my stock Giant wheelset (P-XC2)

Great man!!

just hope you did not choose China Air or EMS shipping option - keeping in mind the current strike at the local Post Office

Great man!!

just hope you did not choose China Air or EMS shipping option - keeping in mind the current strike at the local Post Office

Actually shipping to Shanghai and then a container from there. Unfortunately not my container, so couldn't share space with hubbers, but it dropped shipping from USD95 to USD7 (read seven dollars) per set! The airfreight option was EMS, and 95 USD sounded pretty steep.

Hi guys

Just though I would share some info,

I am a fan of this thread and doing this with all your best interests in mind.

A local rider recently bought a replica Pinarello Dogma and less than 2 weeks later was in hospital with a fractured pelvis.

He was coming down a local descent when as he went over a speed bump the rear chain/seat stay failed casing the wheel to jam in the frame and thus he went down.

I don't know the exact weight of the rider or who he purchased the frame from but I in tend to find out.

As for the speed he was going I also don't know but you can easily do 60kph down that stretch.

In other non related issues, A good friend also bought a Pinarello Dogma Think 2 replica about a year ago. He rides a 48cm frame and is about 60kg's. His frame is also now starting to show signs of small fractures/cracks in various areas of the frame. He is now no longer riding the fame.

A local guy who does frame repair's has recently had 2 fake Dogma's, 2 fake Spec Venge's and a fake S-Works Stumpjumper all in for repairs and they are quite alarming as he says these have happened from just normal use.

He works with carbon all day and states that the carbon and resin used is just junk. The frames tend to use a lower modules carbon fiber and are more resin rich.   

Let me know If you want the link to his FB where you can view the frames and the extent of the repairs.

So please be very careful of the supplier you purchase your frames from!!!

Put in the time and do the research, ask around and look for reviews.

Hi guys I brought a carbon mtb frame. And have been riding it for a while but the head set doesn't fit correctly. I took the headset out my giant xtc the (alloy version) I put it in my new carbon frame the bearing at the top has plenty of movement from side to side in the frame as if its too small. But it sticks out the top of the head set. Do I need a different bearing or is it a fault of the frame?

post-43252-0-53394600-1414946863_thumb.jpg

post-43252-0-47975800-1414946878_thumb.jpg

post-43252-0-37569700-1414946888_thumb.jpg

Noob question: what standard of BB is this, and is it compatible with BB30 or BSA? It's from a Shamiano 105 groupset.

post-41865-0-56748500-1415013873_thumb.jpg

(I plan to use all the components from my old bike)

Edited by GaryvdM

Don't know if this has been asked but has anyone bought a frame from dhgate or alibaba and if so could you please give feed back on which dealers are good and what their products quality is?

So guys , I finally after allot of issues got a frame and built it up ... Here is the picture of my beauty ..

Wait ... is that a Chinese brand frame falsely sprayed up like a Spaz?

If so, why oh why ... firstly copying a brands name, but even worse using a Spaz artwork!

Don't know if this has been asked but has anyone bought a frame from dhgate or alibaba and if so could you please give feed back on which dealers are good and what their products quality is?

Many have bought on Alibaba, all will be fine, Alibaba is reputable these days as has recently listed on the NY stock exchange in September and is up over 40% on its share price with a pretax profit of USD 53m.... you will be fine doing business on Alibaba.

I currently have a frame, which after 2 months has finally be logged with SAPO and is at customs... hopefully will be here soon, although has been at customs 3 days... they on strike as well??

If you search on Alibaba, look at the feedback the supplier has had to see.

A function of shopping on Alibaba is that they hold your money until you have received the goods and you have to indicate you are happy for them to make payment to the supplier.  There is payment protection in place.

Edited by shaper