Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

Like orthopedic shoes for your bike...

this is a little more accurate :P

#JustJokes ... bloody fork could be great to ride and uber comfy .... just like a pair of crocs ... but would you want to be seen with them on!

At least the socks are long enough for Patch.

post-5403-0-62796200-1567674502_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is nice. Must say my Super DH is also nice and cool.

While riding up to the trailhead in Jonkershoek last night, I was wondering. Do the rulebook for Enduro allow you to do the liaison/climb without a helmet?  (I doubt it but what do the EWS pros do?)

In other words I can take it off and hang it off my Bars while climbing? Or does one hang it around your neck like Rupert does while keeping the other half on. I have a Super R2, and its not to cumbersome to hang it around your neck, but when faced with a 50minute climb, I prefer not having anything distracting/irritating around my neck. 

While riding up to the trailhead in Jonkershoek last night, I was wondering. Do the rulebook for Enduro allow you to do the liaison/climb without a helmet? (I doubt it but what do the EWS pros do?)

In other words I can take it off and hang it off my Bars while climbing? Or does one hang it around your neck like Rupert does while keeping the other half on. I have a Super R2, and its not to cumbersome to hang it around your neck, but when faced with a 50minute climb, I prefer not having anything distracting/irritating around my neck.

Even with the the chin bar attached I can’t imagine it being to hot. I can’t imagine I’ll have to ever take it off because of heat.

Even with the the chin bar attached I can’t imagine it being to hot. I can’t imagine I’ll have to ever take it off because of heat.

If like me and you overheat easily, then yes any lid will be hot. I have the super 3 r and I very rarely use the chinbar. In summer it stays at home. Just way too hot.

If like me and you overheat easily, then yes any lid will be hot. I have the super 3 r and I very rarely use the chinbar. In summer it stays at home. Just way too hot.

Guess I’m lucky then. I often have to put a buff on as my head gets cold.

I overheat in the middle of Winter wearing mine! I usually take the chinbar off at the bottom hook it to my camelback and get moving. I guess It will be the order of the day then. 

Where does everyone buy their clothing and gear? It seems that most stores sell xc orientated stuff, but not really more enduro type clothing, for instance, shoes or shirts. 

I buy my flannel shirts at Woolies.

All the other stuff I get online. TrailTechCycles/Fox and many more.

Spaz in Stellenbosch have a lot of Enduro stuff, but obviously brand specific

Mx Alliance

Go Mx

for my fox apparel, bought some mx jerseys for 299 on special they work particularly well as the arms are wide for elbow pads

Pinned

Trailtech

Bike addict

For leatt gear

For baggys, RaceFace Indy baggys has been my go to for a few years i order it from Amazon, landed is around R1500

Thanks for the websites and stores, I have always just looked at the Fox stuff at Canal Walk and Giant Durbanville has some, will check out some of these mentioned.